Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Soon to be Taillights and Headlights, comments?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 07:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Soon to be Taillights and Headlights, comments?

oooh def not a fan of those tail lights. But you shouldnt care what we think. Its your car do what you like.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:12 PM
HCF Member

Yeah.. I just got my headlights today, and I looked at them and realized there was no bulbs on the top two sides.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03...QQcmdZViewItem

If you notice in the picture, i'm talking about the two oval lights (the turning ones, I think? *shrugs*), they didn't seem to have bulbs in them. The package came with two individual packages, so I don't think there is a small package with bulbs in them, or anything. So.. What am I suppose to do? I thought there was suppose to HAVE all the bulbs in them, or maybe something is going on i'm not knowing about?

Old 01-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Snail'n Admin

youll get sick of the headlights, im buying oem ones cuz i hate mine. skip the altezzas btw

Old 01-19-2008, 05:26 AM

i think they will look alright. im glad you chose the black housing for both because sometimes people are dumb and dont realize that when they get them, they dont match. at all. so yeah i like the ones your getting :P

Old 01-19-2008, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Vilex

Yeah.. I just got my headlights today, and I looked at them and realized there was no bulbs on the top two sides.

If you notice in the picture, i'm talking about the two oval lights (the turning ones, I think? *shrugs*), they didn't seem to have bulbs in them. The package came with two individual packages, so I don't think there is a small package with bulbs in them, or anything. So.. What am I suppose to do? I thought there was suppose to HAVE all the bulbs in them, or maybe something is going on i'm not knowing about?
Any feedback on this question, anyone? .

Old 01-19-2008, 07:24 PM

Any feedback on this question, anyone? .
I have a different generation civic, but on my headlights, that turning signalbulb you are talking about stays attached to the car and plugs/twists into the back of theturning signalpart of theheadlight. So for that one, if it's like a 5th gen, you will reuse the one already on the car and it will plug/twist into your new headlight housing.

if this is true idk what the other oval light will be for. possibly a spot for you to wire in a custom LED light that you can turn on with a switch so while you're parked you can have LEDs on or something.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: GReddy_Civic

youll get sick of the headlights, im buying oem ones cuz i hate mine. skip the altezzas btw
+1

I got sick of my projectors. They didn't shine right so i figured it was because they were from ebay. They came on my civic from the guy who had it before me. He put them on and didn't have the stock ones anymore so i got stuck with them. I looked for new OEM ones and never found them, so I bought new projectors that i thought were quality, and turned out the adjuster broke. I said screw this, and found new OEM ones online. I've had them in for about a week, and they are definitely 100,000,000 times better.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Snail'n Admin

You will use the stock one from the headlights now and if i remember right, i went and bought new bulbs as well...Either waay you will use the stock ones, and if need be, just go buy others then as well

Old 01-20-2008, 09:55 AM
HCF Member

Ah, alright. Thanks :P. I think i'll wait for my taillights to get here, then i'll just put both of them in. This'll be my first time installing projectors, so is there any tips or anything I need? I noticed theres a plug, and 2 red wires, and some other stuff. From what I heard, most of it is just plug n play. Also, how exactly does the Halo's work? My boss at work said "Yeah, I have 'em on my Focus too, but my Halos burned out.. I don't use my brights anyways." Do they only come on when your brights are on.. Or how does that work out?

Thanks for your help so far, guys :P. I'm gonna take pictures of my lights in their box in a bit, just for the hell of it.. And then i'll take before and after pictures, once I get them installed. The taillights are estimated to be here Wednesday, so hopefully I can get them in when I get them, before I have to work ALOT thurs-sun, and I don't think i'd have time when i'm working that much [:@], or maybe if I get it done in the morning or something.