Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 01:40 AM
Default Sunroof

I am in the process of mapping out my next project on a 1995 Civic Coupe. It is a long extensive project, that I am really exited about...thus I want everything to be perfect. As far as the sunroof is concerned, I have noticed that most if not all the 5th gen. Civic's I have seen have "spoiler-style" sunroofs. I am not sure whether or not they were aftermarket or factory sunroofs, but they were for sure "spoiler-style" sunroofs. While it may not be a big deal to some, I am not a fan of the look of a "spoiler-style" sunroof. I have also noticed that on the 6th gen. Civic Coupes, the sunroof retracts into the roof...making for a cleaner and much sleeker look. If, in fact the factory installed sunroofs on the 5th gen. civic coupes were spoiler sunroofs, is it possible to take the retractiable sunroof from a 6th gen. civic coupe and retrofit it into my 5th gen? I would much rather have an OEM sunroof than an aftermarket sunroof. But, if need be, I will go to an aftermarket sunroof to have it retract into the roof.

Old 11-30-2005, 03:44 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Sunroof

my guess is that you would much rather have a factory sunroof over aftermarket to avoid leaks, correct? well if you're going to retro-fit one off of a newer vic, then you're probably going to run into the same leaking issues.... my 0.02 would be to just buy an aftermarket kit... and I only say that because it would probably come with instructions.

btw, there may be a better section for this question....