Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Swap:94-01 Integra Seats In a 96-2000 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:15 PM
HCF Member
Default Swap:94-01 Integra Seats In a 96-2000 Civic

I had a hard time finding a write up for this and decided to do it myself and semi document the occasion. It's my first write up so bare with me. It's easy to do and i have a few pics to help along the way. This writeup is for a 4 door, so it's a tad simpler. the 2 doors will need to disconnect and hook up the handle for collapsing the seat for rear passenger entry (hahaha!)

First of all you need a set of Integra seats. I got mine from a local guy scrapping his 94. i bought them for $20 bucks, which i could not pass up

Before you start i wanted to show you why you need to swap over the rails. the front 2 bolts and the rear outside bolt all match up perfectly, but the rear inside rail will not even come close to matching up with the hole in the floor.

Name:  P1000469.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  166 Bytes

You might be able to get away with only 3 of the available 4 mounting points with no problems, but i would not want to find out the contrary by having an accident and the seat ripping out from the floor. Plus it looks alot cleaner and you can retain the factory plastic cover over the bolt.

First you need to remove the old seats, which is just two bolts at the front on either side and two bolts on the rear at either side. The inner rear bolt was covered by a plastic trim piece. Just get a flat blade screwdriver and pop it off. It should come off quite easily, it doesn't require alot of force. If it does you are putting the scredriver in too far and prying on the metal rail.

Once those are out, take the Integra seats and lay them on their side, like this :

Name:  P1000470.jpg
Views: 522

Take off the plastic trim piece, by taking out the 2 screws holding it in place. Once that is done you should see it like this (the teg rail is on my old seats cuz i ran out of batteries at the time )

Name:  P1000478.jpg
Views: 487

Before unbolting the seat rail, you should do 2 things:

1. take off the seat adjuster rod from the rail (doesn't matter which side you do it, as long as you take it out)

Name:  P1000480.jpg
Views: 492

Just push the little metal tab off of the rod and down towards the bottom, than bend the rod through the hole on the rail and you are done.

2-just make sure you check to see what position the rails are in, i counted the number of holes for the claw type latch to hook in to, otherwise you will have a crooked seat and you will have to fine tune the adjustments until it fits right in the car (i made that mistake with the drivers side)

Name:  P1000482.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  166 Bytes [/align]

Old 05-22-2008, 12:16 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Swap:94-01 Integra Seats In a 96-2000 Civic

ANYWAY! on with the work!

Name:  P1000478.jpg
Views: 481

First take off the bolt and plastic washer from the upper right hand corner (depends on which side you are doing but i am referencing the picture above) that bolts the rail to the back of the seat. put those aside. Than unbolt the two bolts holding it onto the seat bucket. One near the seat belt buckle (to the left of it in the picture) and the one at the very left.

Than slide the rail out. If it is the drivers side you will have a seatbelt reminder harness that will need to be disconnected, but that is pretty straightforward.

Than do the same to steps as above to your factory car seats.

The installation is the opposite of the removal and is fairly straightforward. Just remember to check both rails for correct adjustment. Just put the stock seat inner rail on the integra seat and you are good to go.

Once it is completed, test fit it in the vehicle to see if everything lines up. If it doesn't you need to adjust the position of the rails which may take a few test fits to get right.

Here is a pic of them installed in my car:

Name:  P1000473.jpg
Views: 491

They are extremely confortable and really hold me in place with the newfound handling from my suspension. It is a rather straightforward procedure, but it is alot easier when you have pics to aid you.

Also, i plan on doing something about having tan seats in a grey interior, but it is not my priority right now lol. It's comfortable and that's all that matters to me. Once i have more funds i will get a nice leather seat cover for them (professionally done).

I hope this writeup helped anyone or answered a few question they might have had. [/align]

Old 05-23-2008, 06:21 AM
HCF Member

Update: seats work wonders for my back and i can just push the car that much harder around a corner, because it holds me in place so well. the stock seats really suck, i never knew the swap would make such a difference.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:50 AM
HCF Member

Now that i've got the fronts taken care of, is there anything i can do with the rear seats? is the 4-door integra's rear seats any different?

Old 05-27-2008, 09:17 AM
HCF Member

those look really good and +1 for a nice write up

Old 05-27-2008, 09:55 AM
HCF Member

Yea, thanks for the DIY! I've been wanting to do this swap for my civic, but just wasn't sure what I needed. The stock seats suck so bad!

Old 05-27-2008, 12:02 PM
HCF Member

The stock seats do suck, even after just 5 minutes the car felt alot better to drive. i could finally make use of my new suspension and test it's limits because the seats hold me in place better. It is a wonderful mod to make, i didn't think it would make a huge difference, i just wanted lumbar support to help my back (i got scoliosis amoung other issues)

Thanks for th kind words.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:50 PM
HCF Member

Props on the writeup, will definitely use this info

Old 05-29-2008, 04:20 PM
HCF Member

Thanks, i'm glad this could help one or two of you. It's not terribly difficult, once you do it.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:39 PM

HELPED OUT ALOT! thanks

Quick Reply: Swap:94-01 Integra Seats In a 96-2000 Civic