Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Tint Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 10:43 PM
HCF Member
Default Tint Question

I have a couple questions about window tinting...

1. About how much does it cost for about 50% tint on all four windows, and the rear windshield thing?
2. With aftermarket tinting, does it take away from the value of the car?
3. I heard it was removeable... if you remove it, does it crap up the glass with residue or anything?

Thanks for the help,

-Kelleykid

Old 09-10-2007, 12:49 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Tint Question

1) You could search this
2) You could search this
3) You really could have searched this

And tinting all depends on what your shop charges you![:@] I got mine for $220 at a shop, some pay more, some less. And anything aftermarket usually takes the value from the car's resale at a dealership or business because the group you're trying to sell your car to becomes smaller and smaller. If you're selling it by yourself then it wont help or hurt. And whatever comes on the window can come off, but dont expect to see anyting clearly through the glass anymore.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:24 AM
Recognized HCF Member

na you can pull tint off the windows.... well for the side windows anyone can remove it... BUT if you have rear defrosters you want to PAY a tint shop to remove the tint.. otherwise youll rip the defroster lines up and they wont work right...

i think the value part just goes by HOW DARK YA GO.... if you go around 20% or higher... i dont see it being a problem hurting anything of resale value. now if ya do darker than that YA it will hurt resale cause somepeople cannt see good at night and need clear windows.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:48 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

na you can pull tint off the windows.... well for the side windows anyone can remove it... BUT if you have rear defrosters you want to PAY a tint shop to remove the tint.. otherwise youll rip the defroster lines up and they wont work right...
Okay, but will it leave crap on the windows when I take it off?

Thanks for the help guys.

-Kelleykid

Old 09-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Recognized HCF Member

no it wont... all tints have the layer of tint and glue on it... usualy when ya peel off the window tint the film comes off BUT the glue is left on the window.... best thing to do is use a razor blade and some GOO GONE to remove the MOST of the glue.. then after ya got MOST the glue off then just use the GOO GONE to take off the rest. it will come right off no problems just takes time doing it! in my opinion.... just take it to a tint shop and pay them to remove it.LOL

im not sure HOW they do it but i think they use some steam or something to heat up the tint which should let the tint/glue come off easier... but then again im just GUESSING how they do it...

Old 09-10-2007, 08:52 AM
HCF Member

theres no secret to it. use dishwashing liquid and a razor blade and the glue comes right off