Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Tint...Too much?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 03:31 PM
HCF Member
Default Tint...Too much?

I recently bought a '96 Civic CX which has factory tinting. The tint has turned to the ugly purpley colour and one back window has rippled and started to bubble a little. I phoned a tint shop and they quoted $160. I then told him that I would need my old tint removed and he said that it would roughly be $300. Is it really that difficult to remove the tint...$140 worth?

Is it possible for me to do it myself?
Also, would it be likely that there is a lifetime warranty on the tint from the dealer?

Old 03-14-2007, 04:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Tint...Too much?

Yeah you can remove the tint your self. There is a simple DIY around here. but $300 to remove and install is a ripoff. I'll try and find it for you.

Edit: Use the Search Button Next time. I just did a simple search and found a ton of threads on this already. Heres on to get you started.
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_234319/tm.htm

Old 03-14-2007, 06:00 PM
HCF Member

Okay thanks. It's good to know that price is a little high then. On average, how much should it cost to remove tint?
Thanks for the link.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:44 PM
HCF Member

Really shouldnt cost that much. Friend of mine wanted to get his prelude tint redone and he brought it to the tint man, hehe, and he told him how to remove it using a razor blade and such. Even during install, the guy is going to have to clean the underside of the windows regardless so the tint stays and doesnt get all scrathced up when you raise, lower the window. You should just try removing it yourself. Just some time and patience and you'll be fine.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:11 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: gin0o0o

Yeah you can remove the tint your self. There is a simple DIY around here. but $300 to remove and install is a ripoff. I'll try and find it for you.

Edit: Use the Search Button Next time. I just did a simple search and found a ton of threads on this already. Heres on to get you started.

i disagree with u, i think hr should remove the window tint, but do not remove the rear windsheild tint if u r inexperienced.... u can mess up ur defroster if not done properly

Old 03-14-2007, 07:18 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ic892003

ORIGINAL: gin0o0o

i disagree with u, i think hr should remove the window tint, but do not remove the rear windsheild tint if u r inexperienced.... u can mess up ur defroster if not done properly
Yea I've read that in a couple places. Maybe I'll give it a try but only remove the driver/passengertint but not the rear windshield.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

^ yea thats a good idea, my friends tints were turning purpl e also, so he jus removed the passenger and driver side tints, he let the shop remove the windshield tint..... shouldnt cost u 2 much

Old 03-14-2007, 09:36 PM
HCF Member

definately get it done at a shop too (incase you were thinking of tinting yourself). They usually give you a warranty incase it peels/bubbles/fades, which is nice

Old 03-14-2007, 10:28 PM
HCF Member

Good call about the rear windshield. Forgot about that one.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:26 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

definately get it done at a shop too (incase you were thinking of tinting yourself). They usually give you a warranty incase it peels/bubbles/fades, which is nice
Oh yea, no question in that. I'd definitely mess up if I was tinting myself.

Quick Reply: Tint...Too much?