Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Water in headlight

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 12:36 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Water in headlight

Most after market projectors are made in taiwan or china... They look good for a relatively short period of time, after that they start to have haze inside the light cover, moisture, water droplets, out of focus and so on,.. After all, they're aftermarket.
I have seen so many similar case as your lights here in my workshop.
You have no choice, but to take them apart, clean the inside of the lens (be carefull not to leave hairline scratches), clean the reflectors or the projector eye ball, then assemble them together by using a good quality / aquarium sealer. Dont seal them too tight, leave abit of pinhole gap at the bottom of the light assembly. These lights do get hot and during rainy day it gets pretty moist outside while its hot inside, the temp difference that makes all these water vapour and **** in your lights, the lights needs to breathe and drains or expels hot air in them. Hope this would help you, bro..

Old 09-24-2007, 01:40 AM

Ok I did the job today. I parked in the sun so all the water built up on the lenz, then just cut sick with a tiny screw driver and bored a hole in the silicone at the bottom and all the water drained out. Idont know if its going to be a perminent thing or what, but Im far to lazy to go splitting my lights so I thought Id try this first. Ill post in a few days with the results.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:33 AM

I drained like half a litre through the hole and there is clearly less moisture in there but its still there regardless. Bigger hole?