Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Where to start?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:16 AM
Default Where to start?

Hey guys, first off, bare with me please, I'm new here

Well, in October last year I bought a 1995 Civic Dx. It's been an amazing car and it has around 260k km on it. It's been undercoated superstitiously, and it runs perfect now that I have a new rad in

But it's plane jane boring. It's the grayish colour that looks a little like purple, and I wanted to completely repaint it and do something to the interior and hopefully the engine eventually.

I'm just wondering what you guys suggest as to where to begin first and what to do and if you have certain websites to buy the parts and stuff.

I would like to change the colour completely in both the interior and exterior so any ideas on good matches for both would also be much appreciated. I'm really looking for a blue exterior.

Anyways, thanks guys in advance!

Edit: I also don't have cup holders because they got kicked off accidentally, so I would also appreciate any ideas on getting some new ones in

Brody

Last edited by brodyo; 06-07-2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Okay, this'll be expensive, but here's what I'd do:

-EPB (Electron Pearl Blue) paint job from a '99/'00 SI (Canadian SiR)
-HOP (Honda Original Parts) center console (it attaches to the front of your console and the bottom of the dash)
-Mercury Sable/Ford Taurus DIN slot cupholder swap (DIY can be found here)
-EG6 (SiRII) gauge cluster (since you said km, I assume you're in Canada, so the KM/H readout won't be a problem)
-Acura RSX front seats
-D2 coilovers
-OEM SiR front lip
-EK (1996-2000) side skirts
-Type R style rear lip
-Axis OG Oldskool wheels (15x7)

I could get more in-depth with my list (I'm notorious for posting extremely specific yet expensive lists :P ), but that's what I'd start with. If you want a full list, let me know and I'll post it, but I can promise the total cost of the list if you'd buy everything would be double to triple what you paid for the car lol

And of course, welcome to the forum

Old 06-07-2010, 12:55 PM

A little clarification, the center console is also known as the optional audio console. It's a nice little addition. The DIN cup holder is also a good idea. I'd do it if I ever remembered to grab one at the junk yard.

Also, welcome

Old 06-07-2010, 05:58 PM

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm also going to be needing headlights/tail lights, for a different look. Is there any suggestions on interior colours that would go with the blue on the outside? I plan to refinish the whole interior from the carpet up. And I was also wondering if it's possible to convert manual windows to auto, I might buy a parts car that has the auto already in it but will in work with mine now?

Thanks

Old 06-07-2010, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by brodyo
Is there any suggestions on interior colours that would go with the blue on the outside?
black
grey

nothing else

Old 06-07-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Go all black interior wise...black carpet, seats, console, sunvisors etc etc and what u cant find...paint it yourself the headliner id say do a black suede along with the armrest (if u have one) and the door inserts. And i agree 100% with everything tht Reaper posted except for his choice of wheels lol they dont look bad but they dont look good either. Just my opinion sorry Reaper lol

Old 06-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Yeah, don't do a colored interior; I've been down that road and you'll regret it with time if you do it. Black interiors are pretty much the safest option.

And you can convert to power windows but you'll need to do the wiring and whatnot; I don't believe base models were wired for power options.

And kenny, what's not to love about Work Equip style wheels?

Old 06-08-2010, 05:41 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Kenny-g
Go all black interior wise...black carpet, seats, console, sunvisors etc etc and what u cant find...paint it yourself the headliner id say do a black suede along with the armrest (if u have one) and the door inserts. And i agree 100% with everything tht Reaper posted except for his choice of wheels lol they dont look bad but they dont look good either. Just my opinion sorry Reaper lol
You have bad taste in wheels, shut it

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Yeah, don't do a colored interior; I've been down that road and you'll regret it with time if you do it. Black interiors are pretty much the safest option.

And you can convert to power windows but you'll need to do the wiring and whatnot; I don't believe base models were wired for power options.

And kenny, what's not to love about Work Equip style wheels?
Gorgeous.
Knockoffs will be on my hatch, one day lulz.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:41 AM

Eh i'm not a fan of equips either

I guess i'm not JDM enough

Old 06-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Super Cereal Admin

You're totally right. I should have told him to buy some form of Regamaster Evo knockoff. You never see those wheels on hondas . At least with the Equip style wheels you don't see them too much outside of places like Honda-Tech.

Quick Reply: Where to start?