Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Why Does my hood look open all the time???

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Default Why Does my hood look open all the time???

Hey people,

Im getting tired of my car looking like its "crying". I say thing because the front bumper is sagging... (please refer to pictures)

and the hood looks like it is always "open"... I was waiting to pick up my friend from summer school one day and some guy came up to me and said "your hoods open..." but its not!!

any ideas? Oh, I have both of my "fender clips on", i have all bumper clips in place and i dont know what to do???

Picture before i moved my headlights: (NOTICE the spacing under the headlight, i could stick my fingers in there) [and notice the hood...]

Yup a lizzard can fit b/w the space in the hood....

After i moved the headlight down a little (it wont go any further), the gap is less, and i cant put my fingers in it... but its still there... and the hood is still "up"

Sooo tell me what you think the problem is.... im open to anything thanks.

p.s. - Why cant i post a DIY topic yet???

Old 06-30-2008, 10:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Why Does my hood look open all the time???

Hood latch broken? 96-98 hood on a 99-00?

Old 07-01-2008, 03:03 AM
February 2010 ROTM

is it aftermarket cause if so there is your problem a lot of carbon fiber hoods dont line up right if you get the cheaper ones...also are the rubber bumpers all the way down cause tey might be up some keeping the front of teh hood up...perhaps take off the hood and just lay it down and see if you can get it aligned in the front 1st then try to bolt it down again....other than that i have nothing

Old 07-01-2008, 06:41 AM

my friend had the same problem. his hood just would not line up at. but it kinda looks alright on his car

Old 07-01-2008, 09:31 AM
HCF Member

ihave a problem like this, something is wrong with my hood latch so when i pop the hood from the cabin i have to manually push the "pull button" back in so it will lock when i shut it.. but it looks to me like your bumper just isnt lined upp.. question.. when the hood is shut like it is in the pics, can you lift it up and down but its being caught by the lock?? might be confusing.. let me know

Old 07-01-2008, 02:11 PM
HCF Member

try adjusting the little hood stoppers, as in lower them if you can. As for the bumper you may have something cracked on the inside which is causing it to sag.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:14 PM
HCF Member

you have to send your diy to a moderator or admin and theyll post it

Old 07-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well as to it not fiting. ya got a few choices... or problems....

one your cars been in a front end accident which had the cars front end not straight.. or the hood just sucks...

or maybe you can adjust your hood latch down. not sure if it adjusts tho if it doesnt youll have to drill the holes larger to move the latch down further.
just a few things to trying and hope for the best...

Old 07-01-2008, 07:48 PM

^+1 Has it been wrecked before? Mine was totalled from the front and rebuilt, so it'll never line up straight again. It's not as bad as that,though.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: civic96lx

ihave a problem like this, something is wrong with my hood latch so when i pop the hood from the cabin i have to manually push the "pull button" back in so it will lock when i shut it.. but it looks to me like your bumper just isnt lined upp.. question.. when the hood is shut like it is in the pics, can you lift it up and down but its being caught by the lock?? might be confusing.. let me know
i can move the hood up and down when its closed and its still locked...

Quick Reply: Why Does my hood look open all the time???