Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Wiper Arms and Window Seals

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 02:45 PM
HCF Member
Default Wiper Arms and Window Seals

Well Spring is here so time to fix some simple things for the summer time, first off the pesky wiper arms!:
Guessing I have to remove them, Sand them down, and spray paint, but wandering what kind of sandpaper and also what kind of black paint to match well?

Also these annoying ugly chipped chrome window seals I have no idea what to do to makes these look great to all paint and sandpaper info as well would help!

Old 03-28-2011, 07:53 AM
HCF Member

Wow. Anyone?

Old 04-18-2011, 08:14 PM
HCF Member

painted my wiper arms today. sanded with 500 grit, just scratched it up a bit (no need to take all the paint off) then i bought dupli-color matte black paint. i didnt sand in between coats because of the matte, and painted about 5 coats.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:39 PM
HCF Member

+1 On painting the wiper arms, As for the window seals, curious as well, need to do them my car too. Heard that the clips that hold them on are easily damaged upon removal so thinking of going new.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:30 AM
HCF Member

I wouldn't replace the window seals, I would just tape them off, sand them slightly and spray them with flat black.

If you do go new though, tell me where you find them cheap. Mine are all cracked and chipped. New paint won't fix mine.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:30 AM
HCF Member

my window seals are flaking off aswell, i'm in the process of scraping all of the old paint off and i plan to spray with matte black aswell

Old 05-14-2011, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

My seals are starting to crack too. They're not too bad yet, but I'm planning on fixing them soon. Are they painted from the factory? I always thought mine were petrified rubber!

As for wiper arms, I have resprayed them twice before, but they keep wearing out. Next week I plan on doing them again. In the past, I have sanded them with 450- 500 grit, wiped with dupli- color paint prep wipes, and sprayed them with Dupli- color Trim paint. Next time I'm gonna do more than one coat.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:06 PM
HCF Member

i just spot-shot mine with some flat black primer. looks fine for me, didn't even remove them, just put some newspaper down, and any other overspray was buffed off.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Shandles
I wouldn't replace the window seals, I would just tape them off, sand them slightly and spray them with flat black.

If you do go new though, tell me where you find them cheap. Mine are all cracked and chipped. New paint won't fix mine.
How long you think they will last spray painted? I'm thinking I might spray paint mine.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:30 PM

^I did a friend of mines and they lasted about 6 months before it started cracking and chipping

Quick Reply: Wiper Arms and Window Seals