Lighting & H.I.D.'s Post here about lighting, From exterior lighting to inside lighting.

DIY foglights 96-00 civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:43 PM

Check all of your wires. Check to make sure that you have a solid ground and a good connection to power. Which power slot did you plug the brown connector into on the fuse block?

Old 02-22-2010, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by GhostSi
^^ I'd make a new thread about it.

At least the gravedigger knows how to search, right?
Gravedigger or not, he asked for help. Let's help him.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:38 PM

^Bump

Nice write up. My only question is where did you attach the red wire coming of your relay in the engine bay? I noticed the wire in your picture but didnt see any instructions as to where its connected to? Many thanks in advance

Old 04-04-2011, 10:22 AM

I too also have the same problem where I installed everything great but theres no power when I pressed the switch. I went ahead to test the lights by bypassing the relay and send power directly to them and they both lit up like the sun so that leaves me to wonder if the relay is good but i opened it up and everything looks intact and also when I force trigger(meaning make the contact inside the relay) the relay it works. So am wondering if I made some kind of wrong connection under the dash, I am uncertain of a few things, what is the purpose of the brown connector and where does it go and the purpose of the black ground wire on the switch. The red wire that come through the firewall goes directly to the switch. The brown connector and the black ground wire are the just to illuminate the switch?

Old 04-04-2011, 10:31 AM

If I remember right, there are two power connections going into the relay/switch. One is the actual power from the accessory power on the fuse box. The other is the switched power for the relay (also from the fuse box). It only allows the lights to be turned on when the parking lights/dash lights are on.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
If I remember right, there are two power connections going into the relay/switch. One is the actual power from the accessory power on the fuse box. The other is the switched power for the relay (also from the fuse box). It only allows the lights to be turned on when the parking lights/dash lights are on.
Ok The main big thick red wire with the fuse on it goes to the battery right?! Then from what I understand from observing the relay connector, the wire that actually goes to the lights for power is a blue wire, so what happens is when the relay receives the signal from the switch is closes the circuit between the big red wire and the blue wire. Now if this setup has to work on park light then that simply means I may have plugged the brown wire the wrong place right? Also I noticed in the pics of the fuse box that he had a red wire going into his fuse box and I'm assuming thats fro some other setup! But how will I know which slot to put the brown connector in for park light?

Old 04-04-2011, 11:50 AM

Can you give me more information on your car and your fog light kit? Are you using a generic ebay one? And are you using a 96-98 or 99-00 kit?

Old 04-04-2011, 12:13 PM

I bought them on e-Bay however I wouldn't really say they were generic, here is a link for the Kit 96 97 98 HONDA CIVIC 2/3/4DR OEM FOG LIGHTS+OEM SWITCH - eBay (item 190504735783 end time Feb-28-11 12:07:42 PST)

It's a 98 EK civic am not sure what sub-model EX DX or whatever as I have no Idea how to determine that but if it helps it is an automatic that came with both speedometer and RPM gauge in the cluster and also my A/C controls are buttons with a digital LED screen and not the slide ones that come in most EKs.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:09 PM

Check this thread. Did the wiring harness look like this one?

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...0-civic-68753/

Old 04-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Talking Thanks

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
Check this thread. Did the wiring harness look like this one?

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...0-civic-68753/
I didn't see you reply yesterday so last night I went home and solved the problem, I was doing everything correct however the connector that goes into the fuse box was not very accurate in it's fit therefore wasn't making contact. So after realizing this I proceeded and used the "Cave man method" and just shattered the connector and used the contact inside it to push onto the one in the fuse box and it worked perfectly. I found the one that corresponds with the park light so if I forget to turn off the fogs they will automatically go off anyways. To be honest they may be ebay stuff but they are very very good quality and the fog lights are even brighter than my low beams. Now when I drive there is no longer that gap immediately in front of the car, now there is a full body of light out in front
Will post some before and after pics asap.
Thanks for you help man

Quick Reply: DIY foglights 96-00 civic