Lighting & H.I.D.'s Post here about lighting, From exterior lighting to inside lighting.

lighting issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Default lighting issue

I've been having issue with my headlights. The left head light would not turn on so I though I had to replace the bulb, which I did, but still would not turn on.
I took it to my Honda dealer and told me it was working fine. When I went to check it out for myself there it was working. As I was driving home it went out and now it's like it has a mind of it's own. I will come on at times and at others time it will not come on.
I took it back to Honda and they told me it could be the relay, but when they took a look the relay was fine. But that's as far as they would go as I have after market headlight, they said there is nothing else they could do unless I put back the original stock headlights so they can understand what's going on. I rather not go that route as I can do it myself but I don't feel like taking of the bumper installing the stock headlight so they can figure out what's going on.
I used to have an HID kit but took them out as they would fail on me and I got frustrated. Can anyone give me any idea what the hell is going on?

Thanks for any suggestion, as it will be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:57 PM

Maybe a loose wire? When the light goes out, get out of the car, bump the headlight housing and/or shake wires around to see if you can get it to come back on. My previous Civic (98 Ex Coupe) had this sort of problem, I would bump the housing and the light would come back on. Cops who pulled me over for it and allowed me to get out of the car to show them were amazed

The Honda dealership saying the aftermarket housings preventing them from further investigating is a cop out IMO.

Were the HIDs (which you claimed to be faulty) doing the same thing? Was the problem present prior to installing the HIDs?

Old 03-25-2011, 03:55 PM

I try that but that does not work. I feel like kicking it sometime it's so frustrating. The problem started about a year after I installed the HID. With the HID I just had to bang the housing it would come back until one day it was out for good. I replaced it the HID with another manufacture and it happened again about a year after that's when I took them out and behold having the same issue. Could this really be a wire problem as my DRL are not working now?
Thanks

Old 04-03-2011, 07:02 AM
HCF Member

Check your connectors and make sure they're not corroded anywhere. It could cause it to do strange things.