The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

4 Banger Cars FTW in the end?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 02:59 PM
HCF Member
Default 4 Banger Cars FTW in the end?

Click Me

do you think this is really the end of v8? Those muscle heards are really going to be upset lol.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:30 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 4 Banger Cars FTW in the end?

Wow... a bunch of narrow minded douchebags are ****ing it up for everyone... they couldn't have put it better... "Great Global Warming Hoax" and that is exactly what global warming is....a hoax.. just another scare tactic to make people want to pay into their government to find ways to better our environment... when in the end, when you look at it... nothing is actually happening. it's the earths natural evolution...

Old 12-20-2007, 03:31 PM
HCF Member

I used to have V8 for many years. I bought my civic to replace my v8 diesel and I cannot believe how much power this little sucker has and the amount of money that I am saving on fuel. I will never buy v8 again so I do not care for it anymore.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:35 PM
HCF Member

This will be the end of the V8 only if car companies want it to. I'm sure there is a way to have a V8 and still meet the emission standard. They have until 2020 to comply, which is 12 years down the line. Automakers are already starting to make cars that can shut off thier cylinders to save gas. I think this is the way to go. Do something with the PCM that will allow you to have a fuel map for optimal fuel economy but you can hit some switches and change that to get more performance. Alot of the really high end cars already do this, BMW, Ferrari, etc have a bunch of settings that change how much power the car will put out. I don't totally agree with requiring automakers to reduce emissions but thats because I don't think the government has a right to do this.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:20 PM
HCF Member

What I dont get is back in the 70s car were getting 20 MPG. Now when a car gets that its like its something great. When really it SUCKS! **** a V8. They should have been done away with long ago.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:51 PM

That's about the most biased, ignorance filled thing I have read lately.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:25 AM
Stinky Administrator

what about the millions of gas sucking suv's on the road right now lets do away with them and keep the muscle cars. < coming from someone that remembers the oil embargo of the 70's i saw my dad go from a 1957 ford with a 390 4 speed to a 1967 vw bug

(quote)
Starting in the year 2011, automakers will need to increase fleet wide fuel economy by 40 percent, up from the current 27.5 mpg CAFÉ requirement. If this were not devastating enough, the new standard will also for the first time include heavy trucks, work trucks, and large SUV’s into the mix.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:31 AM
HCF Member

The V8 will never stop being produced it is a large platform that has a huge following, huge aftermarket, and many many uses. Could you imagine trying to pull a 6000 pound boat with a I4? And how many I4's and I/V6's do you see running 4 second 1/4 miles?

Old 12-21-2007, 06:52 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty
And how many I4's and I/V6's do you see running 4 second 1/4 miles?
Those are not street cars, they get like 6gal/mile. I don't understand how you can apply a 30MPG law on trucks. Maybe they will all go diesel but even then a big V8 diesel probably doesn't get 30mpg.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:24 AM
HCF Member

That's about the most biased, ignorance filled thing I have read lately.
Word. For being a clearly conservative rant, it ignores some pretty daunting reports by some pretty conservative companies. If anyone has any doubts about why all this is necessary, look at the report by British Petroleum released earlier this year. 40 years and the party appears to be over for crude. We should all ride motorcycles and Civics!

As for the idea of global warming being a hoax, read a book. The temperature increase of the past century has never occurred before according to strata data of the Earth. Only with the huge amount of CO2 being released put into the equation do the climate models make any sense. Just a little perspective and then I'll shut up in this thread. The last ice age was triggered by a flux of three degrees change in temperature (what's happened in the last 100 years), but it took 5,000 years for the temp to change that much.

Anyways, no one else seems to care about any of this and there's over a billion people itching to live American lives so as long as they don't regulate motorcycles, I say burn away. I gottaclean my Road Warrior gear crew. Late!

Quick Reply: 4 Banger Cars FTW in the end?