The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

5.0 or 0.0?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 01:11 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 5.0 or 0.0?

5.0'sFox body Mustangsare one of the best platforms for a backyard racer. I hate Fords for many reasons but the Fox body is an awesome platform for cheap speed. Thousands of weekend drag racers, pro drag racers and even tons of racing not involving a straight line, have been using these cars to great effect. If you met me in real life you would understand how anti-Ford i am, but you can't deny how much potential the fox body Mustangs have.

Check the subframe for stress as the most common mod to do when you put more power to the ground is a subframe brace, check to see if there is one and if there isn't.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:48 PM
HCF Member

I looked at the car, the interior is not painted, that is actually just the way the reflection was made from the background at sunset when picture was taken. Im not going to bother with the car so no worries, what do you guys think about this one though, lol I can't tell if the bumper has damage on the rear in the 2nd pic? These guys are a reliable jdm import broker and sales

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...QAdIdZ37915340

Old 02-13-2008, 08:52 PM
HCF Member

my budget would allow me to fix up a car if needed this skyline looks pretty clean, I will get the specs of the engine and stuff from the guy as well. Im going to my apartment this weekend in Calgary ( finally, I work an 18-3 in my home town 800km away, lol.) So I can go visit them in person as well. The car has docimentation and inspection complete for insurance upon arrival

Old 02-13-2008, 09:44 PM
HCF Member

My buddy has a midnight blue 89 M-spec, but he has the RB25DET which is the turbo engine. It is RWD though, i don't know if you were expecting an AWD Skyline. They are beautiful cars all the same, if you can get to it before anyone else does, jump on the chance, cuz performance parts are easier to get than you think. but body parts are not, my friend has a dent in his front driver side fender and has been searching for a good one for a while now.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:07 PM
HCF Member

cool thanks for the advice koots, I new the car is a rwd. I have been doing a ton of research way back since last september, Ive been looking for one to get for a long time. This car also has the turbo rb20det: Engine
Type (see below) RB20DET Twin cam, in-line 6, Turbocharged
Displacement 1998 cc
Compression Ratio 8.5:1
Max. Power; kW/bhp 160/214 @ 6400 rpm
Max. Torque; Nm/ft-lbs 263/194 @ 3200 rpm
Bore x Stroke; mm 78 x 69.7
Redline 7600 rpm
Fuel Injection Nissan EGI (ECCS)

I have also seen that through research that the rb series engines are reasonably priced anyways here in Calgary. Im going to talk to the guy tommorow and see what we can figure out. If the deal is clean and good, I will be buying it! Im probally going to keep the civic for commuting as it is really reliable and the sound system is finally where I want it Plus I have winter tires on it right now and skyline is not going to be for winter

Old 02-17-2008, 10:25 PM
HCF Member

My buddy pulled off a high 11 second 1/4 mile with wheelspin, according to his G-tech. That was mental. his engine is modified from the stock m-spec engine. I can't wait until he swaps in the motor and tranny he's got now, waiting in his shop. purpose buit for insane speed.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:51 PM
HCF Member

Those 5.0's are bulletproof if taken care of (maintnance wise, you can still beat the **** out of it), just like any other engine. I wish I could say the same thing about the T5 tranny that they come with and I went through 4 while the engine still has good compression, doesn't burn oil, doesn't leak and it has 150K on it.