The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

honda motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 01:02 PM
HCF Member
Default honda motorcycle

so lately ive been wanting a motorcycle, so I can use it as my DD when my car is out of commission getting worked on or whatever.
I figured I might as well get another Honda.
What I want to know is, are Honda Motorcycles sort of embarassing? Im not trying to be some Bad @ss biker or anything, Im just a kid looking to get a motorcycle, and Honda's look nice, and Im sure they last.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: honda motorcycle

Honda motorcycles are perfectly fine and stack up feature wise and reliability wise with any other Jap bikes whether Susuki, Yamaha ,Kawasaki, etc. There will always be people that think a bike should be this or that. Let them talk, especially when most with the LOUDEST opinions dont even OWN a bike of any kind. I call tham "Sidewalk Commandos" . I've purchased 7 brand new Hondas and each had its place and NONE gave me any trouble. Find a size you can handle and pick one up. You will not be disappointed.

SMOKEM

Old 02-18-2008, 01:23 PM
HCF Member

cool man, thanks

Old 02-18-2008, 02:09 PM
HCF Member

ya I would go with a honda bike as well for the first choice (my second is a suzuki) I work with a guy that rides his 98 cbr600 (i think, its winter right now, lol) to work everyday which is about a 40km highway trip from town one way, and hes been doing it all last summer/fall with not one problem besides oil changes. Ive had a old honda dirt bike and it was nothing but reliable so I would go for it, and like smokem said, just make sure you get one that is a good fit for yourself. you're going to love having one though i bet Im also looking into getting one for this purpose and the fun of course.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:49 PM
HCF Member

Why would Honda motos be embarassing?..and why would you care that much what others thought about your bike? Find some self-esteem.

Anyway, I'd never buy a bike based on just brand. I think that's idiotic. I'd buy one based on if it fit me and my usage. For example, I couldn't imagine buying a new USDM Honda moto if I was looking for a dualsport or a supermoto. Honda just doesn't sell one in the US that would fit my usage. For that matter, the only ones that come close seem to be Suzuki, KTM, and Husky. That's not to say that Honda and the others don't sell some good bikes. They just don't sell any here that would fit my usage well.

If Honda sells a bike that fits your usage better than any other bike, why would you not choose it?

Old 02-18-2008, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

You shouldn't be embarassed to ride a Honda. It really depends on what kind of bike you want. Honda makes some of the best bikes in the world, along with the other Japanese companies. I believe Honda is the #1 selling bike in the world. Also, Honda started out making bikes then moved to cars and other things. I'm not sure what kind of bike you want, but Honda makes a bike in virtually every category of bike. With that bieng said, if you want to start riding, I would first figure out what kind of bike you want (sport, cruiser, sport touring, etc) then I would go around to different dealers and try out bikes in your price range and pick a bike that best suites you. If you have never ridden a bike on the street before, it isn't wise to go out and buy a big bike (600CC+). You should first ride a smaller displacement bike (500CCs and less) with less power for a year or so until you gain experiance on the road then move on to a bigger bike.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:47 AM

super reliable, great MPGs, fast, oh yeah and the chicks dig the sports bikes

Old 02-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: blackmassacrer

super reliable, great MPGs, fast, oh yeah and the chicks dig the sports bikes
+1

Also, insurance is a ton cheaper (my bike and civic both have liability... the bike is literally half the cost of the car), and bikes in general are cheaper (and usually have fewer miles on the clock).

I love my cbr

Old 02-19-2008, 06:19 PM
HCF Member

^^ oooocbr nice what cc do you have, I really like the 600's Ive been looking at a few here for summer. I thinl insurance here though is more, im not sure Ill have to look into it. Im assuming all you guys that ride bikes have the proper licsense?

Old 02-19-2008, 07:01 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: megafandrew
Im assuming all you guys that ride bikes have the proper licsense?
Yea about that.....

But in all seriousness, I got my license last October. Before that I had a permit for about a year and I registered for the MSF course as soon as registration opened up and I got my spot in Sept I believe. If you want to get your license, take the MSF course. Some states (like IL) offer the class for free and in other states you might have to pay. The class is pretty easy, especially if you have riding experiance. If you try to take the exam on a bike like a 600cc+, there is a good chance you will not pass. The test is just too difficult on a bigger bike because of the wieght and the slow speed maneuvers you are required to perform. Also the MSF course gives you a discount on insurance and you get to use thier bikes (250CC).

Quick Reply: honda motorcycle