The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Anyone else's gas bill skyrocket??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 06:36 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Anyone else's gas bill skyrocket??

ORIGINAL: sacicons

forty, youre only 22 and youre engaged? you crazy sumbitch. oh wait. i was only 21[&:]

and BTW, i hate you. those are 400k dollars homes here[&:] im looking at a crapshack thats going to need to be gutted and rebuilt (gotta love being a remodeler though) and they are asking 295k. 1151 sq ft. 3bd, 2 ba, 2 car.[&:]
damn man, those cali prices are a beeeeeotch. But, think of this way, the price of a home is THEEE ONLY good thing about living in Michigan. I'd trade up for sunshine year round in a heartbeat.

And yeah, if you'd told me two years ago that I'd be engaged at 22 years old, I'da laughed hysterically. My lifestyle has changed significantly since I met Lori, she's a cool *** chick.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:20 AM
HCF Member

i know where youre coming from. they can change everything pretty quickly. we were only dating about 6 months before i proposed.[sm=insomnia.gif] neither of us saw that coming when we started dating. but its worked out great so far. my biggest piece of advice is, dont ever go to bed mad. you just wake up pissed, go to work and stew about it all day, then go home ready for a fight. never productive.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

^Damn dude, is there any limit to your knowledge?!? haha, that is excellent advice tho. One of the coolest parts about this chick, is that we VERY rarely argue about anything. And when we do bicker, its always about something stupid, theres never any "relationship jeoprodizing situations". So we get to a certain part in the arguement and look at each other like "why are fighting over this, shut up!" then everything is cool, haha.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:36 PM
HCF Member

i hate you. those are 400k dollars homes here
what are you complaining sacs....jk, over here in santa cruz those houses are close to one million[&:]

Old 01-06-2006, 10:40 PM
HCF Member

Ha, a 4-7k square feet house downtown will run you an easy 3-4 million.

Old 01-07-2006, 12:29 AM
HCF Member

i was working in a home downtown today, and one down the street was for sale. it was about 900 SQ FT, 2bd, 1 ba, 1 car with a shared driveway, and it was going for almost 700k. no way in hell.

and Gsumano, at least Santa Cruz has something to offer. Sacramento isnt worth the prices. at least youre close to the ocean. Sacramentos biggest draw is that its central to a lot of stuff (skiing, ocean, Lake Tahoe, ETC), but theres nothing IN Sacramento itself.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:49 AM
HCF Member

and Gsumano, at least Santa Cruz has something to offer. Sacramento isnt worth the prices. at least youre close to the ocean. Sacramentos biggest draw is that its central to a lot of stuff (skiing, ocean, Lake Tahoe, ETC), but theres nothing IN Sacramento itself.
yeah, you're right, but it's getting ridiculous expensive to buy a house here. I actually live in Watsonville a 15 minute highway drive from Santa Cruz and it's part of the Santa Cruz County. A good 80 percent of the jobs in watsonville is agriculture, meaning that many of the residents don't make a good enough income to buy a house anymore. If you buy a house here in this days you're seeing a house payment of at least 3,700 a month, so basically you have to be making at least 5,000 a month to live a decent life and the mayority of the residents here don't make that kind of money. Just last year, some good friends of our family bought a house and both of them have to work their asses in two jobs 7 days a week and their basically killing themselves working just to be able to afford a house here.

Besides having the ocean, there isn't much in watsonville either, all we have is a bunch of strawberry fields for which we are known to be the strawberry city.