The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Anyone here suffer from panic attacks/anxiety?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 09:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Anyone here suffer from panic attacks/anxiety?

Woww,.. Am not alone in this **** then. Yeah, I've visited my psycologist and I was given Xanax 0.5mg, taken twice daily, morning and nite.
My doctor told me: YOU CANT TEACH A DROWNING MAN TO SWIM, FIRST YOU NEED TO TOSS HIM A LIFE JACKET.
This is why we have to rely on medication first to calm us down, when we're able to control our fear and emotion, we gradually taper the meds off...
For now am still on "life jacket", I'm afraid to drive alone at nite and when I get stuck in traffic jams, I freaked out and feels like losing comtroland I'm about to die and no one will help me..
I've been driving with a friend or someone next to me for the past 3 months. Damn.. This sucks..!!!

Old 09-05-2007, 09:56 PM
HCF Member

I used to smoke alot of pot to curb stress but being I have been on about a 2 month vaction I have not had to much stress so I have stopped smoking post now.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:11 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

I used to smoke alot of pot to curb stress but being I have been on about a 2 month vaction I have not had to much stress so I have stopped smoking post now.
Congrats to you, Marty... We all want to be fit and healthy, just like a VTEC, revs to 10,000rpm all day..

Old 09-05-2007, 10:47 PM
HCF Member

I was diagnosed with SAD and it really used to affect me. I would even get nervous around a large group of friends. I used to have to leave all the time just to get some time alone and calm down. My current girlfriend has helped me alot cuz she is a very sociable person and let me know that I have nothing to worry about. I chose not to take meds cuz i used to be on alot of them for insomnia, depression,allergies, ADHD (ritalin), IBS the whole works. I also have a breathing apparatus for sleep apnea but i've weened myself off of most of it. Just takes some time and alot of patience to overcome some of the underlying problems. I feel 10 times better than i used to about 5 years ago, man i was a wreck. I too used to take alot of drugs (recreational not prescription) and i found they didn't really help at all and i stopped using those. i think all the acid, shrooms and excstacy made it worse. so i stopped takin them and i can still feel the aftereffects. But i am slowly recovering and have a much better outlook on life. you just need to find a good balance in your life and maybe some direction. Helped me out alot. Hope all turns out well for you.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:57 PM
HCF Member

I think doctors are to quick to medicate people in general now. They tried to put me on xanex for depression but man I looked into it and people really get very dependent on these drugs for day to day life and I dont want to be that person.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:01 AM
HCF Member

Thanx for your kind helpful words, guys... You're all Champ..!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 09:38 AM

I was diagnosed about 6 months ago with anxiety / panic dissorder. I have found a few things that became my savior! I have a 200pg book in PDF format that REALLY REALLY helped me. I wouldn't say it cured me by any means but I was so bad that I didn't get off the couch for weeks because I was so AFFRAID of death. I seriously checked my pulse every few mins. Whats weird is it all happened to me over night. One morning I woke up and my life was totally different and hasn't really changed since. ALthough I can say now I enjoy my life again because of educating myself on the dissorder and learning how to cope and live with it, I now see light at the end of the tunnel. If you interested I can email you this pdf book I paid 200$ for. I enjoyed it.

Also go become a member at www.anxietyhelp.org lots of good information there, and informative members I chat in there chat room from time to time.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:54 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: nosoupfoyou

I was diagnosed about 6 months ago with anxiety / panic dissorder. I have found a few things that became my savior! I have a 200pg book in PDF format that REALLY REALLY helped me. I wouldn't say it cured me by any means but I was so bad that I didn't get off the couch for weeks because I was so AFFRAID of death. I seriously checked my pulse every few mins. Whats weird is it all happened to me over night. One morning I woke up and my life was totally different and hasn't really changed since. ALthough I can say now I enjoy my life again because of educating myself on the dissorder and learning how to cope and live with it, I now see light at the end of the tunnel. If you interested I can email you this pdf book I paid 200$ for. I enjoyed it.

Also go become a member at www.anxietyhelp.org lots of good information there, and informative members I chat in there chat room from time to time.
Thank you so much for your advice,.. I really appreciate it. Me too... Checked my pulse and get worried for even the smallest pain in my body. I'm a member at www.panicend.com thats another great website.
You can email me at: felix@bikersindo.com
Thanx once again for being so caring, man...

Old 09-06-2007, 11:04 PM
HCF Member

90% of panickers happen at nite, 7pm and above..
95% in car driving alone in heavy traffic..
75% in elevator, alone..
75% in crowded shopping malls..
50% when seeing accidents and other bloody scenes..

According to my doctor, here's few tips that WILL ease the fear away:
- Carry some XANAX 0.5mg in your pocket. You dont have to drink it, but by knowing you have meds, it calms you down.
- Listen to meditation music, water, birds & dolphin noises.
- Dont rest, you have to walk to burn the adrenalin in your body, adrenalin is the substance that makes your heart beats fast.
- This is the funny part that works for me: Think of your Honda, how it looks from certain angle, think of the engine, the performance and the wheels. Funny, but it works for me.
Hope that can be a help to you guys...

Old 09-07-2007, 08:11 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

i have OCD realy bad about the cleanliness of my room and when its not clean i get like nervous/anxiety, never too bad though but my room is alwasy clean as hell
I feel your pain buddy...And 97civic23, im homeschooled too. Not because of any of this, I used to get in detention a lot in elementary school [8D]. My mom finally just took me out, been homeschooling since 4th grade. Has its ups and downs but its whatever, i sleep all day and eat all day and do what i want besically. And ive had a panic attack once I believe, happened in the shower. Was thinking about a lot of stuff and just hit me, wind got knocked out fell to the floor, dizzy. Wasnt that fun...but other than my OCD i dont really have that much, I twitch a lot...especially when im listening to heavy metal haha

Quick Reply: Anyone here suffer from panic attacks/anxiety?