The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Anyone here suffer from panic attacks/anxiety?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 08:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Anyone here suffer from panic attacks/anxiety?

ORIGINAL: Marty

I used to smoke alot of pot to curb stress but being I have been on about a 2 month vaction I have not had to much stress so I have stopped smoking post now.
Been there, done that. Off it now also. Good decision...I would be a completely different person. I wouldnt have anything either, no help from my parents. Now im kind of on the juice when things get too rough. I want to see a therapist, someone to talk to. Parents said im not getting meds for anger and depression, easily stressed, etc. Anger management seems out of the question also, I think its pointless

Old 09-07-2007, 08:18 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Champ white FD2

90% of panickers happen at nite, 7pm and above..
95% in car driving alone in heavy traffic..
75% in elevator, alone..
75% in crowded shopping malls..
50% when seeing accidents and other bloody scenes..

According to my doctor, here's few tips that WILL ease the fear away:
- Carry some XANAX 0.5mg in your pocket. You dont have to drink it, but by knowing you have meds, it calms you down.
- Listen to meditation music, water, birds & dolphin noises.
- Dont rest, you have to walk to burn the adrenalin in your body, adrenalin is the substance that makes your heart beats fast.
- This is the funny part that works for me: Think of your Honda, how it looks from certain angle, think of the engine, the performance and the wheels. Funny, but it works for me.
Hope that can be a help to you guys...
About the music with birds and stuff...I used to have a bit of insomnia when i was young. I used to have beethoven with rainforest sounds in the backround playing in my room. Seriously helped me calm down, ive obsessed with beethoven now, really relaxes me. Now i love pianos and violins...[]. Everything I did seemed wrong, and now its not so bad with the sleeping, every now and again I toss and turn for 4 hours. Man i must be the only person here with more than one issue

Old 09-07-2007, 09:06 PM
HCF Member

Koshak,.. Believe me. You're not alone and I do believe there are lots more people out there or in this forum that have worse problems than you.
Just focus, focus to a point where you like best... That will ease the fear away.
Seeing a doctor is not a bad idea.