The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.
View Poll Results: A poll
BUYING TO SELL ONLY
7.14%
BUYING TO USE PERSONALY
21.43%
OR IF IT SUCKS OR A NEWBIE WITH TO MUCH CASH wants to pay ill sell!
0%
SUCKERS paying hundreds more for not wanting to wait.LOL
71.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

apple Iphone.... you buying to USE or buying to sell? LOL

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: apple Iphone.... you buying to USE or buying to sell? LOL

i just wanna know HOW MANY did most stores have instock when they went on sale......

i mean i dont see it being such a problem like xbox 360 cause they rushed it like a **** to get them out.... but i JUST DONT SEE spending so much money to play on a little computer and make calls or listen to music...

i mean all and all... id rather have a labtop that i can play dvds and NEW cds i just bought.... and im such.....

Old 06-30-2007, 12:06 PM

what makes those auctions funny, is very few stores sold out of them... the store i went to had somewhere around 1,000 of them or more I'd guess... definitely enough to satisfy the 2 per person limit for the 200 or so people that were standing in line at 6pm when the doors opened, and enough to still have phones this afternoon when I stopped by in search of an adaptor for mine to play it through the radio

first impressions:

it's sick, and well worth the 600. video looks amazing, phone works great, internet while surfing on at&t's edge is slow, but using wireless networks, it's blazing fast (as fast as any other wireless connected device anyway)

they keyboard takes a bit of getting used to, but the software that drives it is phenomanally intelligent (auto corrects spelling mistakes, makes a best guess even when you type in sort of giberish based on the location of the keys.

annoying things: headphone jack is recessed, so only ipod style headsets fit, can't use it as bluetooth modem, or transfer files over bluetooth or wireless network, doesn't have AIM or iChat, screen shows fingerprints easily (it is glass)

battery wise, mine's been on since 6pm yesterday, and outside of the 40 minutes or so it was plugged into my mac for activation & syncing, it hasn't been charged at all, and i've been using it pretty intensively. It's 8 hours talk time. I've browsed the web, watched two movies, sent texts, and spent about 30 minutes talking on it, in addition to listening to some music, and it's still got what i'd consider another 6-7 hours music time, and a hour or so talk time... and a day's worth of standby still...

once you get accustomed to the interface and not having tactile buttons... it's pretty slick... in fact, it's easy and quick enough to send responses, and even type this reply

and Tim, when they release them in canada, I wouldn't be surprised if you got one for free (if you've been with Apple for over a year)

Also, it's bad *** to be able to use the iPod without having a headset on (speaker phone function allows music playback as well), and 3 way calls are a cinch

Old 06-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Personally, I think I can keep my razr for a while before switching to an iPhone. I'm not one to really jump on trends as soon as they hit (I got my xbox over a year after they came out and I still have yet to get an xbox360, ps3, or wii; I got a razr well over a year after they came out). I'll eventually get one, just not until the price is reasonable. I say give it a year or two... they'll be down to a half-decent price eventually; it's how technology goes.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:01 PM
HCF Member

Cderalow, even if i were to get an iphone (which i wont) I don't directly work for Apple, i work for a company that is contracted from Apple to take calls and troubleshoot their products, i was lucky enough to get an iPod when i started here (the second time). That offer isn't even available now. it was a limited thing. (i've probably said too much but anyway), I wouldn't be able to use the iphone at all, all features on the phone are locked until it is activate through AT&T, and since i am in Canada, wouldn't be able to do that, cause we don't have AT&T, the nearest company that we would be able to use would be Roger Communications cause they use the SIM card DSM networking service.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well thats another issue i might have a problem with the GLASS face...... i realy wanna see a video of how much ABUSE that glass can take!!!!!

and well apples headphones have ALWAYS SUCKED "HUGE" DOG *****!!!!!!!! i stuck them in my ear ONCE!!!!!!! for 5seconds and put the headphones right back in the case!

but i was one of the CRAZY people waiting inline at best buy first day of release.LOL BUT i got lucky as HELL!!! they handed out so many TICKETS for the xbox360s so people could go home get some sleep and warm up cause it was very cold out!!!!!
and well i was the ONE guy that went inline after everyone else left asuming they where screwed and thier wasnt enough so i was like.... aaa F-IT!!!!!!! i got nothing beter to do MAYBE thier credit card system will go down or thier cards denied.... SO after waiting inline for onlyabout 4-5hours in the cold they let everyone else that was waiting inline and id did line up BAD again... alls these guys and moms wanting to buy one for thier kids. LOL i swear my parents woulda NEVER stood outside in the cold AND PAYING 400bucks for a freaken video game console.LMFAO

and well JUST MY LUCK!!!!!!!!!! ONE GUY didnt come back.... maybe slept in and forgot to set alarm or forgot time to come back... OR car broke down or pulled over or ran outta gas... but... LMFAO all went KILLER and i was the ONLY one that got one that was in that so called SCAVENGER LINE we called it.LOL unfortunatly it was only the CORE cheaper version.. BUT was a 360
and well i was STOKED!!!!!!!! it was so great having one and no one else did.LOL BUT AFTER 1-2weeks i looked at ebay price for those 360s and how INSAINE they where going for!!!!!!! and well I COULDNT RESIST!!!!!!! I REBOXED THAT FREAKEN THING AND SLAPED IT UP ON EBAY AND GOT 800BUCKS FOR IT... ONLY A 300dollar system.... now that kicked @ss!!!!!!!!

i sat on that 800bucks and after amonth or two the price went down and i ended up not wanting to wait anymore and went BACK on ebay and bought a PREMIUM 360 for about 600bucks.. but STILL pocketed 200bucks profit AND upgraded it to the premium.LOL

i would NEVER hate on someone trying to make a buck........ cause when it comes down to it.... its those people that are WILLING to pay that kinda cash for them.... thats what im laughing at!!!!!

i coulda waited 6months and just walked into any store and picked up a 360 BUT afew friends of mine had them online and well ya need a 360 to play together.LOL

but for now ill just stick with my LG phone and my 4g ipod seperatly.LOL

Old 06-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya thats the main thing i didnt like..... they only have it for AT&T..... and from what ive heard they arent the fastest service to use.LOL

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

HOLY CRAP>>>>>>> FIRST IPHONE AUCTION WENT FOR US $1,175.00 i bet he is saying SUCKAASSSSS LMFAO

Old 06-30-2007, 04:41 PM
HCF Member

i like my razr, the iphone looks sick. its pricey however plus i live in canada so it aint even here. finally i would have to switch to a dsm carrier which i dont really want to do cuz the company sucks ***. besides my razr is tough, it takes a licking and its still ticking. i've went swimming with it in my pocket twice, dropped it a hundred times and it still plays music videos and **** no problem.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

my two year old sprint cell phone just died today. i guess i might actually buy an iPhone sooner than I expected.

at least i won't have to worry about breaking it...

http://www.pcworld.com/video/id,545-...d,0/video.html

Old 06-30-2007, 08:56 PM
HCF Member

I got it. My brother got it. Parents got it... go cingular.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:00 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

I got it. My brother got it. Parents got it... go AT&T.
Fixed... there is no more Cingular

Quick Reply: apple Iphone.... you buying to USE or buying to sell? LOL