The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.
View Poll Results: A poll
BUYING TO SELL ONLY
7.14%
BUYING TO USE PERSONALY
21.43%
OR IF IT SUCKS OR A NEWBIE WITH TO MUCH CASH wants to pay ill sell!
0%
SUCKERS paying hundreds more for not wanting to wait.LOL
71.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

apple Iphone.... you buying to USE or buying to sell? LOL

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Default RE: apple Iphone.... you buying to USE or buying to sell? LOL

I use t-mo... no iPhone for me. Maybe when my service contract is up from getting the redicuously overpriced phone I got through them.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:04 PM
HCF Member

Hahaha! My sim card still says Cingular, though... yeah, AT&T... thanks for the fix!

Old 07-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well i wanna see how much pressure it takes to bust that screen........

cause i had that problem with my old phone i used to have.... had it in my pocket... went to a fair on one of those spin around rides and was stuck on the outside with 2 other people in the card with me so ya i was smashed preaty good and the screen cracked like a ****!!!!!

Old 07-01-2007, 09:09 PM
HCF Member

i don't think that i will get one. I like my razr. besides why pay that much money for a phone. there are such better uses that you can put $600 to.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:57 AM
HCF Member

you can pay $600 for a "phone" for the same reason you can pay $50 for an ebay intake or pay $400 for an AEM intake...

Old 07-02-2007, 06:51 AM

ORIGINAL: BrianT

i don't think that i will get one. I like my razr. besides why pay that much money for a phone. there are such better uses that you can put $600 to.

thing is it's not just a phone...

yeah, it makes & receives calls, but it also allows you to browse the internet, send & receive email, it's a full video iPod, so movies, music podcasts etc, and it has a couple of other little features (stock checker, weather, calculator, allows certain types of youtube videos...

it's a full fledged computer that fits in your hand...

i love mine, and am not sure how cell phone makers haven't made a phone like it all ready?

Old 07-02-2007, 06:52 AM

Heh. I heard a funny story that happened to some stupid woman. She went to the store with $100,000 cash to buy all of the iphones they had to resell them for profit. She paid the first guy in line $800 to give up his spot. When she came up to the clerk, she was kindly informed that you can only get one iphone per person. Owned?

Old 07-02-2007, 07:28 AM
HCF Member

F-ing junk just like the IPOD is..and yes I have one.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:44 AM
HCF Member

sure you have one.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:40 AM

Realistically the only thing the iphone has going for it is apparently a pretty good interface and the ability to view web pages full width at 480x320, you still have to zoom in to be able to read anything. Only 8gb? That makes it pretty useless to me, being that the only reason I have a 60gb video Ipod is the fact that I didn't want to spend $200-$300 on a nice small portable hard drive that was only a hard drive. (those were the prices at the time, they have dropped since).

I have a T-Mobile MDA that cost me $150, another $40 for a 2gig miniSD and $60 for some nice motorola bluetooth headphones (stereo w/ mic). It'll do everything an Iphone will for less than half the price. And its over-clocked and modded, and I have a ton of really useful software for it (that was all free). Software makers are going to charge out the @$$ for iphone software.Sure it doesn't have as nice a screenor interface but its smaller and lighter.

Coincidentally HTC the actual manufacturer of the MDA istesting a new device that will prolly come out in a year orso that will run a lite version of Windows Vista in800x600or better (possibly as high as 1024x768= 760p HD) depending on the screen they decide to use in the production version. And its [edit]3G[/edit] compatible which the iPhone is not. Projected cost? $600-$700. No word yet on harddrive size but prolly at least in the 20gb ballpark.

It's kinda like this but will be about the size of the iphone and less than half the price of the item shown here:
http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/26/h...ally-goes-umpc
^With everyone using bluetooth earbuds nowadays, why not give up the handheld for a larger screen anyway?

Sorry I can't find info on the actual device I'm talking about but the report was a leak from HTC and I believe the example above illustrates the state of the art and that you don't really have to stretch to imagine what they will be releasing in the next year or so.

I just honestly don't see any advantanges in the iphone that I really care that much about and/or couldn't get in another phone cheaper (or my phone). Unless you reallyNEED a pretty andidiot proof interface...

I'm not going to call people idiots for buying an iPhone tho, if it suits your needs and you have the cash go for it! But anyone who spends more than the MSRP on it IS an idiot!

[edit]its 3G not G3 srry![/edit]

Quick Reply: apple Iphone.... you buying to USE or buying to sell? LOL