The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

car advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Default car advice

I have been thinkin about selling the subaru for a while now, but the problem is that I owe my mom money on it still. But my dad said he would help me with money for a new car for my bday. (next week). So me and my boss were talking about it today, and I said how I would love to have another ek Si. So he was searching around online at work, and found one at a dealership that his friend works at. He calls him and it turned out they sold it already. But they apparently have a friend who has an ek Si with a b18c5 swap in it. tein coilovers, volk rims, ricaro seats, ek9 type r cluster, more mods than i can remember. and the guy owns a shop, and is hella good at wat he does. and did the swap himself. Anyway, he is asking around 13 for it. AND its red! Anyway, I would be losing a little money with what I owe my mom, but does it seem worth it? To lose the money on the subie to get the Si? This is probably like my dream Civ. If I coulda done this to my Si, i never would have dreamt of selling it.

Old 07-08-2006, 10:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: car advice

for 13k I would put a down payment on a 06 si

Old 07-09-2006, 01:06 AM
HCF Member

I thought the reason you sold the Si was because of the weather driveability. My advice: Dont buy an Si. You will just wake up one morning to find it gone

Old 07-09-2006, 07:48 AM

i thought you had died or something....but i would go for the 13g ek si, sounds sweet..

Old 07-09-2006, 10:37 AM

I did sell the Si for that reason, and a few others. There were a lot of little things that would go wrong with the car and it was driving me crazy. But once it was gone, I missed it a lot. And also, I live in a gated apartment building now, and you can only get in if you live here. And if the car doesnt already have one, the first thing I would do is buy an alarm.

And I didnt die. Work has been crazy for the past few months because we have had a couple people up and quit. And Im like one of the veterans of our branch now, so I have to be there all the time. The last time I saw my bf, literally was like 6 days ago. But my paychecks are bigger.

Also, my boss talked to the guy last night, and he said he would give it to me for 11k if he were to keep the volks. He said he would put on other rims, i dont remember which he said, but they are black. and put new tires on it.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:28 AM

i say...go for it, that car has alot into it, and you are getting a hell of a deal...

Old 07-10-2006, 06:44 AM

+1
dont let it pass by....

Old 07-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: 2000 LoW reD Si

I have been thinkin about selling the subaru for a while now
You haven't even had it that long! Oh well though, good luck on your search.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:31 AM
HCF Member

11k is a damn good deal even without the rims. DO IT

Old 07-10-2006, 10:38 AM
HCF Member

I am sorry but that is not a good deal, you are talking about a 6/7 year old civic with a B series. You could have like $75 a month payments on a new K20 equiped SI with that down payment

Quick Reply: car advice