The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Car Sponsorships?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 11:08 AM
HCF Member
Default Car Sponsorships?

I found this site www.carsponsorships.com, does anyone know anything about the deal with them? if they are actually a good source or not to use? Im not sure if its like a hoax kinda thing or not? just wanted your opinion...

Old 04-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Car Sponsorships?

i have spoken to several people who have done this...they got stuff from their "sponsor", but it was never anything useful..mostly just discounts on things...

Old 04-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Keep in mind, you don't usually have to money for "real" sponsorships...

Old 04-13-2006, 12:05 PM
HCF Member

my friend has it.. he gets crap decals and a discount at house of suck (house of boom). its bull.

but yeah as 40 said. you dont have to pay for real sponsors

Old 04-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Administrator

what Car Sponsorships idea is that they are sort of like an agent...you are paying them for their "Connections" with companies who are willing to sponsor you. Its similar to an actor paying an agent to find them parts...

i have spoken to one person who was really very happy with this program. he had a track car, and got into this program, and he got a TON of decals, enough to do the whole car, plus he got discounts on something like some seats. he paid 80 bucks, got stuff that he wanted, and a discount from another company. he later got out of the program, and one of the people whom he met through it gave him a real sponsorship...

but mostly, from what i gander, its mostly all-show stuff

Old 04-13-2006, 12:26 PM
HCF Member

A real sponsor will tell you what you can and cant do to your car, the hell with that.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:41 PM
HCF Member

First let me start by defining what is known as an Agent. An Agent is an individual or company that becomes your middle in essence and negotiates contracts and sponsorships on your behalf. If you plan on competiting professionally via sponsorship and you're not savvy enough to run a business, i would reccomend getting yourself an Agent.

First off, neither of these two companies are scams. Had they been actual scams, you wouldn't be able to track them down so easily, and they would not be listed in magazines, as well as listed on sites such as the Better Business Bearau (www.bbb.org) <~~~I think. I'll begin with the weaker of the two....Sport Compact Pro.(SCP)

SCP in my opinion is a very VERY weak structured program. Basically you pay them $88 which they claim will be tax deductible in the form of a receipt saying you contributred money to a cause. This fee you are paying is for the ability to have access to many discounted performance product vendors. After you pay the fee you will sent two contracts, one for your records, and one to return to them. In addition to the contract you should have received your decals (2), and a list of vendors. Their contract is legit, as is the company (I should know becuase i'm reviewinng it with a lawyer). Here is the contracts Flaw and Strength at the same time. It is NOT detailed leaving it very open to interpretation. It also gives SCP the ability to say "We don't cover that, its not in the contract". Listen, If it is not in the contract is neither authorized nor is it Denied. Meaning they can still cover it. If you are focusing on performance for your vehicle, then SCP is an okay program for you to utilize provided you work it properly. (like anything else in life hehe..)

How to make use of SCP - Should you choose to take advantage of their program here is what I advise doing. First, get yourself some sort of tape recorder and try to speak to them always on Speakerphone. Tape your conversations becuase if you are promised something over the phone you have just entered into a verbal agreement which is legally binding, and it gives you something to fall back on provided you have file a grievance with them. Secondly Identify where you want to take your car performance wise and shop around. If you find a vendor you wan to shop at that is not listed give em a call and have them negotiate a discount price for you.
NOTE: here is some people get GOT....according to SCP negotiating a price for you counts as them paying up to 55% of the cost of your product, service, etc.... This is not RIGHT, paying for the part means paying for the part...not negotiating the discount.

Most people that say its a scam either 1. Have never dealt with them and are going on rumor, or 2. Simply didn't handle the situation correctly for the get go and the ball got dropped somewhere along the line where alittle preventative maintenance could have saved them a headache and legal issue. This is why AGENTS are needed to negotiate contracts.

In Conclusion though here is the synopsis...
IS SCP Weak in Structure: YES
Can you benefit from SCP: YES
Can you get burned by SCP: Hell Yes!
Is it worth it? If you do it correctly...Yes
Is it a scam? No.
Would I reccomend them? Not right away, but eventually...maybe

This is from another site it was written by a mod I will get you the rest.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:54 PM
HCF Member

Hopefully this well help you if not I bored ya to death.

Ok, I'm going to try and be as objective as possible even though I have had nothing but good experiences with Carsponsorships.com. (CS)

Unlike SCP Carsponsorships very closely matches the definition of an Agent (if you recall from my earlier post). You pay a one time fee for their going out and negotiating contracts for you. They are very structured, actually have departments and are usually timely in responding to requests. I would recommend using them if you are going for show first and performance secondly. In addition to going out and negotiating contracts for you they have a couple of individual sponsorships of their own. This is where they become a Sponsor in addition to an Agent. Once you are accepted by CS you are "Offered" at least a full sponsor and a quasi sponsor. This is what most people get and the reason why you hear most people complain about them. Because all they got was a decal sponsorship and a discount. I'll touch more on that later but let me get back to their system.

When you are offered a contract...yes I did say contract...every sponsor you are offered has a contract that accompanies that you can view and sign and send back to them. This clearly identifies what yours and their responsibilities are. You are under no obligation to accept any contract. Even the initial 2+ that you can begin with. Everything contract wise is delivered real time over the internet so there is no extreme waiting time on a contract.

How their system works:

You have two, well actually three options to go about becoming one of their clients (as I like to call it but they call it being sponsored). First is to go online and fill out the application for "sponsorship" and then wait 24 - 48 hours for a response. Second would be to call in and fill out the application over the phone if you prefer not giving out your information over the internet. Thirdly, you can find someone who scouts for them, and who has a positive working relationship with them (Like me), and get an application from him/her and send it in.

The advantage to the first two is that you are completing the initial work yourself and as such have a faster turn around time. The advantage to option three is that you going through someone who already a working relationship with them

Rumors about SCP

Most people have said that SCP sucks because all they got sponsored for was some decals. Here is the reason why….

Upon filling out the application to become a client everyone is asked to say why they should be sponsored. This paragraph will make or break you! Just as with a proposal which I will discuss in the next section this paragraph will be what the many companies will look at and decide whether or not they will offer you a sponsorship. They have no idea who you are and if you sound unprofessional, greedy, or straight off the block all you’re going to get is a decal or two to begin with until they get to know you.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:54 PM
HCF Member

SCP = CarSponsorships.com???[&:]