The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Cover songs, anyone like them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Cover songs, anyone like them?

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Also, if you haven't heard In Flames - Land of Confusion yet, check it out. It kicks the *** straight outta Disturbed's cover
word

Old 01-09-2008, 07:04 AM
HCF Member

Will do tonight

Old 01-09-2008, 03:16 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: PirateX

ORIGINAL: baker

Paint it Black by Gob
I take it you're Canadian? New Gob CD is awesome.
I'm from Alabama, actually.

Evergreen Terrace has a good version of Sunday, Bloody Sunday. I don't like the original version.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:17 PM
HCF Member

I just checked out In flames... land of.. I can't bare to even talk about it anymore.

[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 01-09-2008, 04:53 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: My04Civic

Also, if you haven't heard In Flames - Land of Confusion yet, check it out. It kicks the *** straight outta Disturbed's cover
word
Well im' listening to it right now... and ... well... as much as i love In Flames... i mean they are in my top three bands... i'm going to have to disagree...i actually like the Disturbed version better.... and Tony... my opinion matters most to you cause you can't ban me now

Old 01-09-2008, 08:24 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: PirateX

If anybody is in to punk, there's always Me First And The Gimme Gimmes, who do punk covers of..... well... everything!
YES......

MxPx has a cover album too....which is pretty good....tight version of summer of 69 (bryan adams cover)

The Ataris boys of summer...over played but still a good one

i hate people who like trip ***** over cover songs and are like "they are ripping this song off...they didn't even write it" ....its more of a tribute almost.....just thought i would share my hatred towards those type of people...

Old 01-09-2008, 08:26 PM

Talking about covers... I think most of the music in Across the Universe is better than how the Beatle's did it. Imo that's not hard... I really don't like the Beatle's much.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

ORIGINAL: My04Civic

word
Well im' listening to it right now... and ... well... as much as i love In Flames... i mean they are in my top three bands... i'm going to have to disagree...i actually like the Disturbed version better.... and Tony... my opinion matters most to you cause you can't ban me now
damnit,my finger was on the trigger too.......

I don't know. I just think that In Flames made the song their own, which is kinda the point of a cover. Disturbed's is too much like the original. Not to mention, I'm not a big fan of the whole "drop D madness and hammering powerchords" thing.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:08 AM
Administrator

im a huge fan of disturbed, but like tony said, they def. made it their own, and totally killed it

Old 01-10-2008, 05:30 AM
HCF Member

Don't get me wrong Tony, it is a good song and they did a good job, I just enjoy the Disturbed version more then the In Flames version.

Another good cover is Blue Monday by Orgy, it was originally done by a band in the 80's but i don't think was very popular

Quick Reply: Cover songs, anyone like them?