The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Crashed my car. Update 10-01 PICS

Old 07-11-2007, 02:58 PM
HCF Member
Default Crashed my car. Update 10-01 PICS

No joke. I was driving home down a back road during the day 2 days ago. Some guy was driving a mitsu galant, going very very slow, like 5mph on a 45 mph road. I started to slow down as I approached him and he suddenly slammed on his brakes. I swirved right to avoid him as I put the brake pedal to the floor. No dice. I hit him going like 15 mph. Hehad NO BLINKER/HAZARD LIGHTS ON, he said hewas unsure ofwhat house he was looking for......total BS His car has some white scuffs on the rear bumper and my car crumpled like a tin can. Its not driveable. I need a new hood, new left fender, new left blinker light and headlight assembly, new bumper, the top brace under the hood is bent backAND its leaking power steering fluid. The cop said its kinda 50-50 fault wise, but its total BS because if he had a blinker on I would have stopped WAY before hand. I dont know whats going to happen because I only have liability insurance, so if its 50-50 fault I am SOL. I just dumped SO much $$ into this car im so upset. I dont know whats going to happen till tomorrow when the police report is done. If his insurance wont pay for my car im screwed. Ive got a few ideas on what I can do, but tomorrow will help me see what path I take. If his insurance doesnt pay for it I will buy a 94 automatic dodge stealth off of a buddy for a grand or so and use it as a DD for now. Then I will take all the hood and crap off myself, take the car to a body shop and have that upper frame bent out, then I will slowly buy parts and put them on and take it in for paint. OR if the frame thing cant be fixed, I will either part it out and sell the GSR motor, or maybe buy a shell and try to do a motor swap myself. I think the top frame part can be repaired, but im not sure. All I know is body work gets expensive quickly.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:06 PM
formerly aryiman98civic
Default RE: Crashed my car.

damn Pete sorry to hear about that. it sounds like it was that guys fault. i hope everything works out for ya.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:14 PM
HCF Member

Hate to hear that Pete. Hope everything works out for you...

Old 07-11-2007, 04:13 PM
HCF Member

new shell...

Old 07-11-2007, 04:16 PM
HCF Member

pics?

Old 07-11-2007, 05:02 PM
HCF Member

Not yet, the car is outside my house. I can say this, I THINK its fixable, but before I do anything I wanna see who is at fault. Like I said, even if his insurance wont pay for it I WILL fix it, but I will need a DD until then.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:31 PM
HCF Member

Damn man that sucks hard... i really liked your car, i hope that it works out for you and that ****er pays for it all

Old 07-11-2007, 05:36 PM
HCF Member

Like honestly I just had all that work done......im so pissed you dont even know.....like the kinda of pissed where you dont say anything, youre just quiet, and people are like "Oh $hit, hespissed, he hasnt said anything for 2 days.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Cat Fuсker

I hate morons like that....and they're all over philly...

Old 07-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Recognized HCF Member

damn at first i thought it was another april fools joke. but damn 'most of civics parts are just spot welded in, they could probably just drill out the old spot welds and place the brand new piece in and tac her in there then paint it and reassemble taken it for granit the front end isnt tweaked

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crashed my car. Update 10-01 PICS