The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Dead Serious

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:41 PM
HCF Member
Default Dead Serious

I know I have posted a few cars I have been thinking about buying to use for a summer project car, but I decided after all the mustangs and nissans that I will stay with a honda. (I just can't escape the desire to build up a fast civic, lol) Im going to go pick this ef hatch up on saturday if I can haggle the price enough, its a nice car (ive already checked it out,) Im going to build this car as a street machine that is track ready. Im gutting the interior, removing any weight not necessary and will probally swap in a b16a (Ive heard these little things fly with this motor?) Anyways should be a fun, cheaper project, Ill keep my eg for commuting and winter driving. Damn I still need a little truck to haul my quad around this summer, lol. If I buy and work on this hatch, ill be postin it in the projects threads.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:24 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Dead Serious

B16 = overrated. H swap ftw. Could build it and boost it if you want, but H series don't really love the boost too much. A built GSR or even the b16 would love the boost, its just that the compression of the H series is soooo high, and if you boost the H i'd get it sleeved too, and for sure lower the compression.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:41 AM
HCF Member

hey I didn't even know you could fit a H22 into one of these little cars, sweet[8D] Its going to be a sleeper as well I probally won't fix up the exterior too much besides some original paint and of course some good tires for traction. Ill take a look at the gsr swaps as well, mabey even a b20 swap.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Super Cereal Admin

The H22A's compression ratio is 10.6:1... that's not that high (well, it's high compared to a d-series)... Actually, a JDM GSR motor has the same ratio. Throw a Mitsubishi 16g turbo (I believe that's the turbo the evo uses... isn't it?) on there and you're golden. And, no, I don't believe all that s**t about h22's sucking as boost motors... I've seen a ton of boosted preludes on stock internals.

I say stuff an h22 under there. Hell, if a v6 can fit in an EG's engine bay, an h22 can fit in an EF.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:42 AM
HCF Member

cool thanks reaperand flip! This will be the ultimate na sleeper as it will be at first, around here where I live lol and it could be a good sleeper

Old 02-22-2008, 08:43 AM
HCF Member

actually if Im gonna bother spending and dropping in a h22 I might as well drop it into my eg hatch and use this ef for commuting.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:24 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: megafandrew

actually if Im gonna bother spending and dropping in a h22 I might as well drop it into my eg hatch and use this ef for commuting.
now your thinking. h22 in an eg is great.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:14 PM
HCF Member

^^ lol sweet, I put on my thinking cap there

Old 02-22-2008, 04:20 PM
HCF Member

An H22 in an eg really is a lot of fun. I just drove an h22 eg that i was considering buying and it was a blast. The h22a is rated at 220 hp and in that light a car is a lot of fun. The car i drove ran mid 13's in the quarter mile. That's C5 vette territory. Enjoy it if you do it!

Old 02-22-2008, 05:59 PM
HCF Member

There is a stock H2B with I/H/E running in the 12's out here.

Quick Reply: Dead Serious