The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Dear Skunk2 Racing..........

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 02:38 PM
HCF Member
Default Dear Skunk2 Racing..........

What do you guys think?

Dear Skunk2 Racing,

My name is Pete Cupo, and recently I purchased a Skunk2 Racing intake manifold for my 1994 Honda Civic Ex. I have heard nothing but amazing things about your company, which is why I purchased this manifold as opposed to another brand name. Unfortunately, I have been let down by your product, as it broke while I was tightening the bolts to Honda specifications with my torque wrench. The fuel rail mount snapped right off on me, showing signs of weak welding. I am now forced to return this item to you, and wait again for it to arrive so I can get my car back on the road. Once it arrives I am going to be forced to install it once again, in the event that I do not receive a defective manifold this time around. I feel that since I was given a defective product I am entitled to reimbursement for my return shipping expenses, as well as upgraded shipment on my manifold coming back to me. It is imperative that I receive this manifold as soon as humanly possibly, as my car is out of commission without it. The item number is 307-05-0260. I have already spoken to a gentleman named Jim regarding this, (who was very helpful I might add) and he is aware of the return. I hope you can handle this situation in a professional manner, guaranteeing a satisfied customer, as well as another voucher for Skunk2 in the online car forum world. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:53 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Dear Skunk2 Racing..........

Nicely put.
Im s**ting myself incase I have to take mine off for any reason and the same thing happens when I put it back on. It would take for ever to get one sent back to the uk.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:13 PM
HCF Member

Sounds like a reasonable letter. Just a question, is there a way you can return it to the place you bought it from Pete? Since you didn't have luck with the Skunk2 (which was a weird situation), you might look into the Edelbrock IM. Just a thought. It is very strange though that you had this happen to you. Skunk2 makes high quality parts, so hopefully it was a one time deal. Good Luck!

Old 02-23-2006, 10:24 PM
HCF Member

Yea well as of today I mailed it back to Skunk2, so well see what happens.

Old 02-24-2006, 06:47 PM

Let us know i am curious as to what they do

Old 02-24-2006, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

Damn, I wish you would have run this by me before you sent it. I have actually been meaning to post about something like this. We as a community (HCF), and more importantly, a consumer group, need to flex our collective muscles as such.

Pete Cupo = 1 dissatisfied customer

HCF = 8306 Registered users reading your review of their product and backing you.

We need to come up with a way to do this. Either make a thread and get everyone to contribute to it and then forward it, or carbon copy email every member and get everybody to forward "RE: Pcupo's intake manifold" to Skunk2 (or whomever) or any other way to get a company to know that it isn't just you. We have incredible power as an enormous targeted consumer group and we should take advantage of it; especially in cases of faulty or low quality products.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:37 PM

Wow, awesome idea street. Just show me where to sign.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:47 PM
HCF Member

I'm down as well. If Skunk2 gets flooded with a couple hundred emails about Pete's manifold, he is gonna have alot better chance of getting another manifold.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:37 PM
HCF Member

Oh they said just send in the old one and a new one will be shipped out. I just wanna make sure im getting my 30$ back for shipping, and having the new one overnighted for free.........30$ isnt that much, but I paid 230$ for the manifold itself, Not 260$.

Old 02-25-2006, 03:11 AM
HCF Member

The letter I would have wrote:

Dear Skunk 2 Racing

Hi I have purchased a intake manifold from a authorized Skunk 2 dealer and am very unhappy with the product. It is a sad day when you cant tighten bolts down to factory spec without issues with a product, I am now waiting on your company to either refund my money or send me the product ASAP so I can put it in ebay. I will nolonger use your products if this is the quality that I get then I will send my next $230 to Edelebrock because their intake manifolds are known to be of good quality. Thank you for your time and as I sit and look at my car parked in my driveway because of a faulty product of yours I will remember to bring this up on the car performance forum that I help run with over 8000 members.

Sorry Pete I simply am not a Skunk 2 fan, like a year or 2 ago they were called "Junk 2" by alot of people for a reason. Not dissing on your purchase and I wish you the best with it but I myself will never put a skunk 2 product on my car if it determains how it runs.