The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Dilemma (Relationship Advice)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 12:19 AM
HCF Member
Default Dilemma (Relationship Advice)

Don't usually like to spill my problems on others, but I need to know what other people think, cuz whatever I do hasn't worked out like I'd hoped. Here's the story:

I'm dating this girl right now...Very sweet and kind, great girl. Military type, like me, but she deploys just as much as me right now, so we are rarely home at the same time. Catch is, she's either getting out of the military (her enlistment is up) or reenlisting and changing bases (either way, she's gonna go and leave me here around August '06.) We haven't been dating long, maybe 3 months, and have only been together for about 2 of that, and the rest has been dating-by-phone. Anyway, there's the first part of a two part problem.
Now for part two. I met this new girl a couple weeks ago, and she's also very sweet and kind...Another girl I can see myself dating (and that's saying something, cuz I'm really picky when it comes to opening up to people.) This girl has all the same qualities of my current girl, but I can relate more to the new girl. (We finished each other's sentences on four different occasions, just tonight [kind of creepy, I know]). We just have more in common, I found. Anyway, I found I really like this new girl. I know for a fact (I would put my car and all of my possessions on it) that my current girl and I aren't going to work...Just cuz she knows she's NOT staying in ND, and I know that I am NOT going to have another long distance relationship. But despite knowing we aren't going to work out, I don't know what to do with this forsight. She's a great girl, and I don't want to hurt her, but we both know it isn't going to work, so do I break it off now or wait til it comes time for her to leave. Especially when this new girl isn't going to wait around for me til August. I don't know what to do, and I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here (not just car know-how) so I'm just looking for a perspective other than my own.

BTW, I haven't touched this new girl (I am faithful...You know..."Do unto others as you would want done unto you") And I'm not in it for the "extra curricular activities" either. I want companionship, and I don't get that when I have a better relationship with my phone (that I call her with) than her herself. Thank you for listening. And honestly, I don't know what kind of reaction I am expecting to get...So surprise me!

Old 12-19-2005, 12:27 AM
Default RE: Dilemma (Relationship Advice)

From personal experience.... end it now. It will be easier and hurt her less now then for her to feel like you have wasted her time and that you didn't feel the same way about her. Glad to see at least one guy is waiting until he breaks it off with one before he goes for another relationship. Well let us know how things work out and good luck with the new girl and good luck with the break up. And if you need to talk or need to vent we are all hear for you. A few of us have gone through similar situations and it's good to know you got people out there if just to listen.

Old 12-19-2005, 12:30 AM
HCF Member

ditto...end now..soo she dun think u were cheating then..but dont start up just yet either...cause that would break her heart too...we are one big happy family..sometimes our lil bros and siss get a lil out of hand..but a few slaps and we are back to a family..

Old 12-19-2005, 12:35 AM
HCF Member

It sounds like you have made up your mind. If you are going to break up with girl number 1, dont let it go on half-assed. just end it now, before either of you gets even more attached. theres no point in draggin it out. and its only going to delay hurting her, and the more you delay, the worse the hurt will be. oh, and i recommend waiting at least a couple of weeks before actively pursuing the new girl. and maybe wait till after christmas to break it to girl number 1.

Old 12-19-2005, 12:37 AM
HCF Member

Do what ever makes you feel right and makes you happy

Old 12-19-2005, 12:41 AM
Cat Fuсker

I would find try to talk with the current girl. If she understands that you two are not going to work out, than she'll understand you leaving her. Just tell her something along the lines "it'll hurt more if we keep pulling this until the end" and like stated above, wait with the new girl...but I disagree with sacs on the "wait till christmas" thing...

Old 12-19-2005, 12:42 AM
HCF Member

It sounds like you have made up your mind. If you are going to break up with girl number 1, dont let it go on half-assed. just end it now, before either of you gets even more attached. theres no point in draggin it out. and its only going to delay hurting her, and the more you delay, the worse the hurt will be. oh, and i recommend waiting at least a couple of weeks before actively pursuing the new girl. and maybe wait till after christmas to break it to girl number 1.
Exactly what I was thinking at guys! It isn't a matter of "making up my mind" as it is "Time is running out," and she (Girl #1) knows we can't work, but I don't know if she's lookin' to break it off right away or if she wants to wait til the last minute. Doesn't make sense to delay, huh? I could try the whole "let's be friends for the short time you have left" and it might work, cuz we haven't been intimate enough to be hurt by the "let's just be friends" speech. I just truly don't want to hurt her (Girl #1); first girl I've met who hasn't tried to use me. I'm hearin' ya on the whole Christmas thing though Sacs! Don't need to come back to the forum after Christmas starting a thread titled, "SHE SHOT ME!!!"

Old 12-19-2005, 12:49 AM
HCF Member

and dont get attached to any gift she might give you, because you should at least offer to give it back.

Old 12-19-2005, 01:11 AM
HCF Member

I will go with the general consensus. End it but on good terms. Leave your options open but don't lead anybody on. Ending a relationship is never easy and the more you wait the more difficult it will be (been there done that ALOT)!! Good luck either way!!!

Old 12-19-2005, 01:18 AM
HCF Member

Been there a lot too, but usually the girl...um...isn't that hard to break up with. Harder with a nice girl who you have nothing against but time.

Quick Reply: Dilemma (Relationship Advice)