The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Drilling Oil in Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Default Drilling Oil in Alaska

With prices of gas so high, can drill oil in Alaska be our answer? Environmentalist dont think so. Here is some info from the Seattle PI
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/216352_anwr17.html

What do you think about drilling in Alaska?

Old 04-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Default RE: Drilling Oil in Alaska

i think it is ****ed up!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the money that is going to be spent setting up the drilling sites and everything else should be put towards finding alternative fuel sources!! The president is a retard and says that every step will be taken to ensure that no spills happen, but thats what they said about exxon valdez. thats what they say about everything. Bottom line is people make mistakes, so dont be suprised when ANWAR is messed up because of some oil spill. OUR COUNTRY IS GOING TO HELL!!!!! ABONDON SHIP

Old 04-21-2005, 04:54 PM

OMG...how funny! Run Forest Run!

There usually is complications along the way... I believe that should put more restrictions on gas hogs. Even though I drive one, I would accept the lack of power if it helped saved our environment.

Old 04-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Administrator

there is no question that there is crude in alaska, or at least that was always the impression i had...hence the trans-alaskan pipeline??

Old 04-21-2005, 04:58 PM

its like i posted before, look at the prices for a barrell of oil today, compared to 10 years ago when gas was $.93 a gallon. THEY ARE THE SAME, the government wants us to believe there is a shortage of oil to to bring gas prices up, which makes people think there is a shortage of oil, when there really isnt. All of this to justify the war, and the drilling. If people opened there eyes and were aware of what was going on, there would be a revolution. but people prefere to go throught life with there eyes shut. Im not going to tell people how to live, i just think everything is messed up.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Administrator

i agree with you 100% 420..but honestly...what can we do about it? the president wont do anything..he has his hand deep into that cookie jar.

Old 04-21-2005, 06:07 PM

yeah i know and thats why nothing will happpen. they are going to drill there, thats inevitable, and its ironic how this has to do with oil, and he owns an oil company. funny how things work huh.

Old 04-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Administrator

i mean, the obvious answer would be to boycott the fuel companies...i saw a stat somewhere that if everyone in the country didnt buy gas for 1 day..it would cost the industry like 200 billion dollars or something ridiculous.but it would be impossible to pull off..

Old 04-21-2005, 06:15 PM

yeah that would be solid, but impossible, becuase 90% of the country doesnt care, as long as they can drive there v50 SUV's and get home in time for Friends. thats the problem like i said, people just dont care, they just accept the status quo and are fine with that. im not, but i dont make a difference when compared to 6 billion people or how ever many live on earth.

Old 04-21-2005, 07:00 PM
HCF Member

drilling in alaska = why i dont like bush

he supports it...and i really hate that. go to alaska sometime...check out the place that theyre gunna drill...theyre some of the most beautiful forests ive ever seen...and ive hiked all over america

now i dont mind payin 20-25 bucks to fill up my tank so long as it means saving the forests in alaska

Quick Reply: Drilling Oil in Alaska