The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

E-tests Suck

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:27 AM
HCF Member
Default E-tests Suck

well, i just bought a 92 civic hatchback with an '00 B16a2 engine, and apparently, it hadnt been etested within the last year, so it had to be e-tested again.....the first thing i was told (from canadian tire) was that my car needed a new catalytic converter and that my car sat too low to the ground so i coudnt get up on the ramps for the e-test. so the Cat got fixed, now my car actually sounds good....and then the other night i raised the suspension to almost stock (coilovers). i then brought it to this "stop n go" place to get it etested where it failed 4/5 tests....and the O2 sensor was toast....so that had to be replaced too....then they found some loose wires under the dash adn now thats getting fixed.....hopefully thats it for repairs and my car will finally pass the freaking e-test.....so i'll keep my fingers crossed while im at school....and hopefully my car will be back in my driveway when i come home.....

Old 09-28-2006, 08:59 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: E-tests Suck

Congrats on the ride. Hope everything comes back ok...

Old 09-28-2006, 09:53 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

sounds like you have a pretty sweet ride. im guessing the e tests are just like the emission tests here in the states. best of luck to you passing the test.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:54 AM
HCF Member

one question... Why the HELL did you take it to Canadian Tire?!?!?!?! there is an unritten rule for us Canadians... never take your car to Canadian Tire, mind you you may of needed a new Cat converter, you may have not, but for thel ove of god... why... good luck with the car though

Old 09-28-2006, 02:43 PM
HCF Member

well people....i jsut got more bad news about my lil civic (regarding the e-test)
apparently, the original engine in my civic wasnt a v-tec. so when one of the previous owners did the engine swap (to a '00 b16a2) they didnt swap the ECU or whatever.....so the people at "stop n go" (where i brought my civic for the etest) said that they are going to play around with my car and hopefully get the emissions down enough for it to pass......
and if that doesnt work out.....then i'll probably have to return the car to the original owner, get my money back, and then go civic hunting again.....but at least i know what to look for this time eh? this really really sucks....i have this sweet civic that i cant even drive.

but i was thinking, you know of how if you import a car that is over 15 years old that it doesnt havent to be e-tested?? that wouldnt be the same with my car would it??

Old 09-28-2006, 03:25 PM
HCF Member

give the guy 100 bucks, tell him to test another car and say its your car......

Old 09-29-2006, 02:17 PM
HCF Member

more bad news about my car
pretty much, there is no way in hell my car will pass the e-test
like, on a rate of 1-10, 1 being a pass and 10 being a fail, my car in somewhere around 250
like, its not even freaking close
and then my dad called the guy who sold me my civic and he was basically like, screw you
so he's taking my car tonite for an "etest"

the only question now is:
is it really worth it now to soup up my civic?? like, engine and stuff??
like, would anybody by a civic that wouldnt pass the e-test??

oh, and the guy who sold me my car was TOM KOUFIDIS from OAKVILLE, ON
so yeah, dont buy a car off this guy.....its a major headache

Old 09-29-2006, 02:50 PM
HCF Member

I would buy a car that wouldn't pass an etest... only cause we don't have them on PEI

Old 09-29-2006, 09:29 PM
HCF Member

That sucks, but once you fix all those things you will have a nice fast car, thats a good engine in there.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:22 PM
HCF Member

it'll probably cost me tonnes of money to fix this e-test problem, like, i'd probably need a new ECM (from what im told) and that'll be around $800-$900, and then that wont even garantee a pass....

so i think what i mite just do, is put some speakers in it, hook up the sub, and then in the spring i'd just put stock rims on it, take out the sub, and sell it as is
and then i'll be car hunting again