The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

ELEMENT ANYONE???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Default RE: ELEMENT ANYONE???

the jetta is running fine. i did have misfires before, but it was because of the bad spark plugs. It runs well now, but a bit on a rich side. Luckily I had 0 electircal problems (knock on wood, but you wouldnt expect anything of that sort on a car with 40k miles), but I know for sure that VWs are notorious for having various electrical problems.

I didn't know you were moving to a warm state. I'm also curious why you're looking into those small mini SUVs. Is it the styling or space? They sure as hell dont have a whole lot of cargo space, or even passenger space for that matter. If you want something roomy - get an accord or camry, or some minivan. For cargo, look into some light trucks.

Old 03-02-2005, 03:25 PM

Well,amgst other things I am a massage therapist.I ahve this very large,about 32in x 37in table that I do work with.It totallyfits in the trunk of my Passat.However,in thinking Honda,i was just thinking of a change with RELIABILITY!! Hence I am curious about the Element.It looks cool to me.It has an awesome sound sysem complete with a stock sub woofer.To me that's cool.I still have not driven one or a CRV for that matter.Perhaps I won't want either.Some Maximas are smooth too.I don'tknow yet.Yes,I dig the new Accords too.Well even the not so new ones.

Yeah...I am kinda pissed with my VW.Many misfires.I have a good repair guy and he claims VW's are at their worstin the cold.Go figure,Germany is not my idea of a warm climate! Of the people I know with VW's nobody has the problems I do.They also have cars no more than..say 4 years old.I sort of conclude that if buying a pre owned VW,don't go back more than 2/3 years or 30k or so.Then unload it and upgrade!I'll probably drive to FL in my VW and deal with whatever afterwards.Who kows?Maybe the FL weather is all my car would need to run well.We'll see.

Old 03-02-2005, 03:57 PM
HCF Member

Im willing to bet iridium sprak plugs and new spark plug wires will fix that cold weather crap.

Old 03-02-2005, 06:36 PM

the only good thing about a element in my eyes is the fact that if you or your buddies are drunk you can puke in the car all you want then open the doors and hose it out the next morning

Old 03-02-2005, 10:22 PM

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

Im willing to bet iridium sprak plugs and new spark plug wires will fix that cold weather crap.
Absolutely NOT! Put that **** in a VW and see what happens. For NA VWs, copper plugs are the only ones to use - believe me, I know.

Old 03-03-2005, 09:26 AM

As for the "Iridium" stuff,I have a European repair guy who specializes in German cars.That coupled with the fact that I am automechanically challanged (LOL!!) I will leave it to the pros.

The puke factor would have been cool in m twenties.Darn it!Where were Elements in the mid eighties??Now if anything I'd consider a couple of large dogs for the ride in the "E!"

Old 03-03-2005, 09:30 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: VW/CIVIC

As for the "Iridium" stuff,I have a European repair guy who specializes in German cars.That coupled with the fact that I am automechanically challanged (LOL!!) I will leave it to the pros.

The puke factor would have been cool in m twenties.Darn it!Where were Elements in the mid eighties??Now if anything I'd consider a couple of large dogs for the ride in the "E!"
What are you talking about? Once you have kids there will be an endless line of exploding cokes, french frys, PUKE, muddy shoes, snot... oh yea not to forget the spilling drinks.

Old 03-03-2005, 11:14 AM

Pardoning the pun,that's food for thought I take it you speak from experience.If so,you haul your kid squad in a Civic??

Old 03-03-2005, 01:56 PM
HCF Member

Lol! No, I dont have kids however I look forward to having some in the near future but I do have 3 stepbrothers that I haul around occasionally.
One is 5 the other 11 and the last 14. No, I dont know from 1st hand experience (only from my drunk buddies) but I have ridden in my stepfathers 95 Buick Roadmaster wagon and that tells you all about having kids in the car... lol the back seat practically has mushrooms growing out of the carpet