The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

forum....dead?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 11:11 AM
July 2010 ROTM
Default forum....dead?

maybe im imagining things, but it appears that the forum is dead. look at the dates of the last posts. where is everybody? i dont see what could be done to "zazz" it up a bit. it seems fine. if nothing has changed, where have all the patrons gone? ROTM is **** now. only had 4 nominees for november. whats with new people making 3 posts and then deserting? how do we get the hook into people? i guess im saying that i would like for someone to enlighten me. why does the forum feel dead???

Old 10-29-2010, 11:15 AM
July 2010 ROTM

zazz!!!

Old 10-29-2010, 11:16 AM
HCF Member

It feels the same way to me..
wierd.
and for ROTM i think there was hardly any nominations because most of the active people with nice cars have already won for a previous month?
idk thats wat i think.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:39 AM
July 2010 ROTM

thought i was all alone on this. thx for responding. i know its not really feasible, but a meet up/hang out would be pretty hip. ya know, if there were enough active members in a particular region. southeast, northeast, whatever. eastern seaboard. its such a hassle, but i think if people hung out or something, they would be more likely to be on the forum to see what everybody is up to. who knows, im just rambling on...

Old 10-29-2010, 12:23 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by DaOne
It feels the same way to me..
wierd.
and for ROTM i think there was hardly any nominations because most of the active people with nice cars have already won for a previous month?
idk thats wat i think.
Truth. I wish I had a car worthy of ROTM

And I think people jump on here to get a question answered and don't even give a thought to really sticking around. They just want to use us lol

Old 10-29-2010, 12:32 PM

I haven't won ROTM yet...

But yeah, it's just that time of year. Forum is a lot slower. The truly dedicated check back daily to answer the usual seasonal questions from the noobs who can't search. We try to keep stuff going in the lounge at least.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:49 PM

I have just been trying to be consistent with posting helpful (or at least semi-helpful) info for people with questions. Basically, get them going in the right direction. Also been posting DIY guides whenever I get a chance.

I am on many forums for the most part because of my job and I post links to here when possible. Usually, DIY links, sticky info., stuff like that.

Meets are not the best thing for me, even if regional, just because I am working alot, plus taking care of my son full time. Whenever I do have free time (usually late at night) I either work on the car, or sleep. lol

Old 10-29-2010, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

Yeah i totally agree on setting up meets and such. I tried posting in the regions section of the forum a while back, and nobody replied back lol

Old 10-29-2010, 03:43 PM

well im a new member and i've enjoyed this forum so far...

you got one new poster =l

Old 10-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Chubby Chaser

i havent been on much because i've been slammed with work, but i do try to check in once in a while, oh and i wrecked my rhino and now have 5 staples in my head, a broken arm, and a nose broke in 2 places, ill post a pic soon

Quick Reply: forum....dead?