The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Garage Flooring Mat(s)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 04:52 AM
JTF
Default Garage Flooring Mat(s)

Looking for ideas on what type of mat or mats would be sufficient to put over my concrete floor in my car where I park my car during the winter. I have seen many specific designed mats that cost hundreds of dollars. Would a standard mat used in a home or deck with rubber backing work to warm up the area a bit during the winter and aid in reducing spill from snow and ice etc on the concrete. I saw large rolls of carpet at Home Depot etc that you can get cut what ever lenght you want. Not sure if this type of mat would overtime cause damage or moisture underneath to the floor. Any ideas are most welcome.
I insulated the inside of the garage door yesterday so that will help a bit also. Thanks.

Paul

Old 12-10-2012, 10:48 AM
HCF Member

The ones I see are an impermeable material. The mat won't dry, unless your winters are really mild.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by JTF
Looking for ideas on what type of mat or mats would be sufficient to put over my concrete floor in my Carpet cleaning brisbane car where I park my car during the winter. I have seen many specific designed mats that cost hundreds of dollars. Would a standard mat used in a home or deck with rubber backing work to warm up the area a bit during the winter and aid in reducing spill from snow and ice etc on the concrete. I saw large rolls of carpet at Home Depot etc that you can get cut what ever lenght you want. Not sure if this type of mat would overtime cause damage or moisture underneath to the floor. Any Carpet Cleaning Sunshine Coast ideas are most welcome.
I insulated the inside of the garage door yesterday so that will help a bit also. Thanks.

Paul
Hello friend I am in same dilemma of using carpet or mats for parking floor. Which stuff you used? Hope you share you experience and help me out..

Last edited by shockersdud; 04-02-2013 at 08:25 PM.