The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

GM may go bust!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Default GM may go bust!

Every Gm vehicle I have ever owned has been a worthless
piece of crap. Mostly suspension and brake design, not enough travel
in the suspension and brakes are way too small for the weight
of the vehicle. The last one was an avalanche, same thing.
Now it finally looks like I may get my wish. For many years
I have hoped Gm would screw up and go bust. I may live to see that
happen in my lifetime. You can't slash your way to profitability
and you can't save money by firing all your employees as a cost saver.
If GM was an airline they would fire all the pilots as a cost saver.
Now I have read in the news that someone told them they can't
cut their way to profitability and you have to build something
people want or they won't buy it. I bet that came as a shock
to GM management .
GM...screwing people for over a hundred years.........

Old 12-06-2005, 10:42 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: GM may go bust!

^ lol

Old 12-06-2005, 10:54 AM
HCF Member

wow you really have somthing against GM eh...my parents have had a lease from GM ,we had a somthing (cant remember), a rondivous, and now we have a envoy...we have had some things go wrong with them but nothing to big so far..im hoping they lease a lexas suv or something next

Old 12-06-2005, 11:34 AM

i heard a rumor toyota might be buying out GM in the next few years. i don't know how true but it isn't that farfetched

Old 12-06-2005, 11:43 AM

Mills, the Lexus RX300 is nice. My stepmom drives one. But Im not gonna hate on GM. We have an 02 Silverado, never had one problem in like 4 years. My bf has an 01 Silverado, and the only problems he has are the ones he creates himself from all of the mods he done. Almost all of my guy friends drive Chevys, and only one has had a problem with a cylinder misfiring in his 99 tahoe. But thats pretty good statistics considering all of the Chevys that I/my friends have.
I LOVE my Honda tho!!

Old 12-06-2005, 07:08 PM
HCF Member

i heard a rumor toyota might be buying out GM in the next few years. i don't know how true but it isn't that farfetched
That might be a little early, but it I think it will occur in the near future. This will represent the reversal in America's economic dominance in my opinion. Day by day more dollars are leaving this country than coming in. This buy out will be icing on the cake. Hey leco516, I sense you're holding something back. It's OK man, tell us how you really feel.

Old 12-06-2005, 07:17 PM
HCF Member

Think about GM and America. Do you think that the U.S. will let GM be sold? How bad would the U.S. look if GM was sold to a Japanese (or any other company)? If it gets that bad, you can almost bet that the government is gonna bail GM out. Just hope the Z06 survives long enough for me to drive/buy one.

Old 12-06-2005, 07:33 PM

uhh this just started this like big arguement (well not like fight but debate) between me and my bf. I was tellin him about this thread cuz he drives a Chevy and I was like see, on one is threatening to buy out Honda. And he goes, no one wants to. The I went off about how the 06 Civic won car of the year, and he started sayin well, the Silverado won 00 and 01. And He completely proved my point when I asked him how many times a Cavelier has won car of the year. Civics are like Hondas low end vehicle and they won. Just another reason to love Honda. haha.

Old 12-06-2005, 07:35 PM
HCF Member

people drive chevy trucks in cali!?

whoa...

Old 12-06-2005, 07:47 PM
HCF Member

I just applied for a job with GM... developing fuel cell technology. I really hope that they don't go bust, and I really hope that they don't sell out to Toyota, they're an American icon, like it or not, and Toyota IMO would ruin the company more than it's already ruined. I really feel that GM needs to just focus on a couple cars that are doing well, forget making 3294284597 different SUVs.

Quick Reply: GM may go bust!