The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.
View Poll Results: What to do with civic?
Keep it and DOHC swap it
7.14%
Trade for GSR teg
35.71%
Keep it, build and boost SOHC style
21.43%
sell it and buy a bicycle
28.57%
Keep it and build it N/A
0%
Keep it, Keep it stock, Drive for MPG and look good doing it
7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

GSR Teg or Civic VX??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 05:12 PM
HCF Member
Default GSR Teg or Civic VX??????

Well....not sure where to post this, wanted to get a poll rolling and see what people think i should do, i can go either way now, heres the story. Got the civic hatch for $0 i traded a junk car i had in the yard for it, Paid $175 to get it legal (lost title) and as of now I have only $175 in it, minus the need to be finished paintjob i attempted lol. It's in GREAt shape, low miles(for honda) not cut up not rusted and runs great with the D15z1 motor. I got offered a 4dr GSR integra (true GSR not swapped) for my hatch, I love my hatch but im a die hard integra fan, I have kids so the hatch is a little hard to get everyone in and out of but it works. the integras in good shape to my knowledge, runs good has A/c (which my car doesnt) and is midori green painted. If i keep the hatch i'm going to rebuild the bottom end, swap heads with a z6 and boost it, looking for 25-35 psi around 10's in a 1/4 but still somewhat streetable. I can have it boosted in the next month with left over money from college. IDK i just thought i'd get some feedback from the forum and see what y'all think.

Old 08-07-2010, 05:54 PM
HCF Member

A GSR Teg is better than your car in every way..... What is the reason the guy is trading? What is wrong with the Teg? Sounds like some kind of rip off in my opinion.

Old 08-08-2010, 04:44 AM

There's no comparison between an old Civic VX econo box and an Integra GSR. They're on opposite ends of the power spectrum.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:25 AM
HCF Member

NIKE-he's selling the teg because he doesnt need a 4 dr, he has a 2+ hr commute daily and wants something better on gas, the cars NOT perfect, it has a big dent in the pass door, paint is rough and chipping in spots, has steel rims with half tread or better tires, lowered on cheap coilovers, and interior (driver seat) has some tears and a couple small stains. Has 125k original miles, some new parts, new water pump and timing belt. HOBO- yea its a big step in power, but theres also the debate about cost to mod as well, I could build the D series and boost it and have the same power as the GSR for about half the cost or less lol, but im also looking at the aspect of family, i have 3 kids and yes they fit in the hatch but....not very comfortably lol we have a minivan as well we can all fit into, my car is mainly our commuter for running errands and goign places we dont have to take the kids.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:27 AM
HCF Member

theres a picture of the car, its not perfect but its def. got potential

Attached Thumbnails GSR Teg or Civic VX??????-10111373_2010731122730.jpg  
Old 08-08-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

I say trade for the teg and sink some money into as your project car. a 4 door gsr teg would be a dream for me id do it in a heart beat.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:34 AM
Super Cereal Admin

I voted bicycle, but for real I'd keep the hatch and build it. Either swap in a z6 and boost it or do an H22 swap and do an all-motor build.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:10 AM
HCF Member

i really want to boost w/e i have, a daily driven drag car is what im aiming for, the gsr just seems like too much to build and make fast due to its weight, but its purdy lol maybe i'll buy a bicycle for the days when i have the car tore down so i can get to work

Old 08-10-2010, 10:15 AM
HCF Member

before you posted this thread what were your thoughts? you see it in person if it really needs that much work it may not be worth it. I like the Teg, but make sure its worth the extra tlc

Quick Reply: GSR Teg or Civic VX??????