The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

heel to toe driving

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 12:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: heel to toe driving

go practice in a school parking lot.

you twist your left leg in a manner you're totally not used to.

I placed my aftermarket Sparco pedal covers closer together to aid heel-and-toeing in my car, since integras have LOUSY pedal placement.

another trick is to rotate your foot outward and touch the gas pedal with the outside of your foot (like how your ankle rotates outward when you sprain your ankle) while your foot is still planted on the brake pedal.

This isn't true heel-and-toeing though, but lots of people still do it because it's easier. I do it, but that's because I'm too lazy to rotate my foot completely sideways on my integra pedals.

heel-and-toeing is dangerous in city traffic conditions if you don't have it down, so don't even try it until you master blipping the throttle first.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:29 PM
kg3

ORIGINAL: drbyers

go practice in a school parking lot.

you twist your left leg in a manner you're totally not used to.

I placed my aftermarket Sparco pedal covers closer together to aid heel-and-toeing in my car, since integras have LOUSY pedal placement.

another trick is to rotate your foot outward and touch the gas pedal with the outside of your foot (like how your ankle rotates outward when you sprain your ankle) while your foot is still planted on the brake pedal.

This isn't true heel-and-toeing though, but lots of people still do it because it's easier. I do it, but that's because I'm too lazy to rotate my foot completely sideways on my integra pedals.

heel-and-toeing is dangerous in city traffic conditions if you don't have it down, so don't even try it until you master blipping the throttle first.

Had to learn that fast when my car had an idleing problem!

Old 12-07-2006, 01:54 PM

heel toe is usually used when drifting, not very practical for DD. im learning how to brake with my left foot for autox since my left foot does nothing after i shift into 2nd. supposed to make for slightly better times.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

ORIGINAL: suckmycivic

Heel to toe is how my mom taught me how to drive. I just assumed EVERYONE knew how to drive this way.
So basically one of two factors came into play. Either your mom is the roxxors and drives race style. Or you learned how to drive on a trunk from 1956
My mom used to street race people. I think I was in the 1st grade when she finally sold her 442 Cutlass. She was a little nuts.

One day she got her hands on my VR4 when I was working nights and would f*ck with people. I really hated it. It was my mom man.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:51 PM
HCF Member

man I would really love details on this, any kinda vid or visual sumthin? I know it is used in drifting (my cousin tried to teach me in his 240), but how much does it help when draggin?

Old 12-07-2006, 03:53 PM

wait wait can we have a little more in depth of what it is

its used when ur braking im asuming since ur pussing the break

Old 12-07-2006, 04:31 PM
HCF Member

I never heard of it before but it sounds like u do it to rev match when downshifting. So no, it isn't going to help u while drag racing.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:52 PM
HCF Member

This is used before the turn, keeping the car at high rpm and get out of the turn faster.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:01 PM

this weekend i may try it some in the school parking lot after i finish taking the ACT...

Old 12-07-2006, 06:24 PM
HCF Member

i'v tryed this but its hard when your shoe size it 16

Quick Reply: heel to toe driving