The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

holy F! read this

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 12:05 AM
HCF Member
Default holy F! read this

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/sto...ars-seize.html

holy **** thats crazy. can they actually legally do that?

Old 08-23-2007, 03:30 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: holy F! read this

Good, **** 'em. If you're dumb enough to race on the street, you deserve to have your car crushed.

Race at the track, keep all your slips and anything that says you've been racing in sanctioned events, and you won't have to worry about it

Old 08-23-2007, 03:54 AM
HCF Member

I don't really have a problem with the police crushing cars but from the article, it seems that the police can crush any car they want if its modified. They don't have to prove you street race in order to crush your car, just prove that the car has been modified and can street race.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:40 AM
HCF Member

It's not the car that is at fault! CRUSH the DRIVER!

SMOKEM

Old 08-23-2007, 06:37 AM
Recognized HCF Member

dito..... its TOTAL BS how they SAY they dont even need PROOF of racing..

to me it sounds like..... ok your building up your car for a nice race at a local racing event ALL LEGAL.... and before ya get done all your neighbor does is make a phone call saying your gonnna street race it...... well ok here comes the cops to take your ride and go crush it...

thats what BS it sounds like to me!!!!!! and if THATS THE CASE we would all have our cars crushed......

TOTAL BS COUNTRY.... stupid canadian law makers!!!!!!

thiers more potential of a FULLY LOADED SEMI TRUCK so change the radio station or droping his cigerte on his lap to slam into someone else and cause ALOT MORE DEATH than the stupid street racer!!!!!!!!
dont get me wrong street racing is still bad dont get me wrong... but thiers no sense to this kinda law being made....

typical law makers and thier minivans....LOL

guess it also proves........ ONLY WAY AROUND THIS SYSTEM IS TO "BUY" A FAST CAR FROM THE START!!!!!!!!!!!!
then its not modified but can still street race with the most of them!

Old 08-23-2007, 06:43 AM
HCF Member

I completely agree that if you street race ten you deserve to lose your car, but i mean come on just cause someone wants to improve the performace of their car is not a reason that it should be crushed. Hell if this was the 70's and they said they were gonna start crushing peoples muscle cars for street racing the same people that are saying those words now would put up an uproar as well. Hell at least with tuner cars they can brake and steer better then the old school muscle cars.

I can totally see this not lasting long, in a sence it is grand theft auto. the police will be no better then the people that steal cars and sell them to chop shops

Old 08-23-2007, 08:52 AM
HCF Member

i agree, street racing is stupid, but that law just doesnt make sence! if someone had that happen to them, could they sue the cops though or are the SOL?

Old 08-23-2007, 08:55 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jason_hann53

i agree, street racing is stupid, but that law just doesnt make sence! if someone had that happen to them, could they sue the cops though or are the SOL?
If it were me and i couldn't sue for that i would sue for deffamation(sp?) or character cause it would be making me look like a bad person even though i do not street race nor condon the act whatsoever

Old 08-23-2007, 08:57 AM
HCF Member

crazy canadians lol

Old 08-23-2007, 08:50 PM
HCF Member

I remember a post from this forum that had the same type of article, but it was in California. And it actually showed the pictures of the crushed cars as well, so it's not just us craZy canadians, its them dam Californians... lol

Quick Reply: holy F! read this