The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

how hard is it ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 06:32 AM
Default RE: how hard is it ...

ORIGINAL: AllForSRT

Only R33 Skylines are eligible to be imported into the US. Sorry

However if you can afford an R33 it would cost you roughly 15k to take care of the whole thing.
Yep 15k is about right. My buddy was going to try to get stationed in Japan and I helped him buy his camaro a couple of years ago so he said if i wanted he could look for a skyline for me and get it shipped back on a military ship for free. Still was going to be lke 9-11k for me to get it street legal. You can also get it registered for track ONLY which is alot cheaper but if a cop ever pulls you over on the street and see its track use only they WILL crush the car no matter what.

Old 07-20-2006, 08:04 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I dont know how much you're looking to spend.. But I know of a dude selling an absolutely SICK R33, that is already here, and requires (i think) 15-18 grand to make it street legal.

Old 07-20-2006, 09:11 AM

Yeah i didn't realize how much it would cost or how long the process takes haha ... i thought it would probably be around 8-10k. At a price tag of 15 grand i'd rather take that money and put it in a down payment for a brand new evo or something similar.

Even though RHD would be sweet!

Old 07-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: jbarham

Yeah i didn't realize how much it would cost or how long the process takes haha ... i thought it would probably be around 8-10k. At a price tag of 15 grand i'd rather take that money and put it in a down payment for a brand new evo or something similar.

Even though RHD would be sweet!
heh, except for toll roads, drive thrus, ATMs, etc...

Old 07-20-2006, 09:40 AM
HCF Member
Old 07-20-2006, 04:28 PM
HCF Member

WHen I am not going to college I live and work in Japan. I live in a city called Kumamoto on the west island called kyushu. I rode in my buddy's r34 skyline a couple years ago and i was blown away.. it is 8000 to ship it to america and what you should do is do all of your requirements for import in japan and you will save a butt load of money. Depending on where you go you will save... on the mainland (honshu island) the Kyoto/Osaka area has a major city called Amagasaki-shi and that would be a sick place to get EVERYTHING. Kumamoto is big with mountain drifting (where it originated) and especially in the Nagasaki/Isahaya area.. tons of mountains. What does your dad do in Japan? I went to high school in Nagoya and then lived on Kyushu for 2 years as a missionary and then worked as a translator around the country and then taught english there until education called and went back to the states!

Old 07-20-2006, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

heh, except for toll roads, drive thrus, ATMs, etc...
and passing on a one way road .... it would still be sweet though!

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

What does your dad do in Japan?
Hes a Department of Defense Contractor working for Northrop Grumman. I forget where he said he lives but i think it was the outskirts of Tokyo.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:01 PM

This is a little off-topic but hey this is the off-topic forum.

This is the car that my dad currently drives in Japan ... I rag on him pretty hard about it because who in their right mind would buy a toyota (van) spacio in Japan! with all the other cheap alternatives available ... oh well

Name:  184012767_5878611ffd.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  52.1 KB

But like i said he said he might get like a 1990 skyline for fun ... hopefully he gets it before christmas when i get out there

Old 07-20-2006, 05:02 PM

anyone in ur family part of the military??? i believe if u work for the military or w/e than u can transport cars over seas for cheaper..

Old 07-20-2006, 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

anyone in ur family part of the military??? i believe if u work for the military or w/e than u can transport cars over seas for cheaper..
Yeah i noticied you guys were talking about that ... My Dad used to be but he got out and started working as a DOD Contractor and I don't know if working as a DOD Contractor would give the discount but i'm definetly gonna ask my dad.

Quick Reply: how hard is it ...