The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

how hard is it ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 06:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: how hard is it ...

thats going to be a pretty sweet trip. i would love to go to japan. i would get a lot of cheap parts for my car. be safe but enjoy your self.
________
Milf Movies

Last edited by BrianT; 04-28-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:40 PM
HCF Member

that would be sweet man good luck with everything and let us all know what is the official word.

Old 07-20-2006, 11:23 PM

you cant bring an R34 over here anymore. I dont know how many times that needs to be said. The only model you can bring over now is the R33, so dont bother looking for any other skyline

Old 07-20-2006, 11:36 PM

it would be really really expensive. My father was in the army and my family and I were stationed in Seoul, South Korea. Never got to live in Japan only switch planes in Toyko. But the miltary will not ship your car for free or for a discount for official use only and if your father did have a car shipped from the states then u will not be able to ship one back (with the miltary), and switching it over to US domestic specs would be a lot of money! When the stock market crashed in Korea in around 1997 the exhchange rate was like 1 dollar to like 2000 won (appx 2k) so army people were buying new cars on the korea economy for basically 1/2 price and the couldnt ship em back because of the crazy amount to convert. I looked in to shipping and it would cost over 5k to ship from SK. I did occasionally see Skylines in Seoul, a lot cheaper to ship a car from Japan to Korea and similiar specs.

Enjoy ur trip, like i said i've only been in Narita but things in Japan are really expensive like 5 bucks for a little soda and stuff and it weird everythings backwards I kept trying to get on the left side of the escalotors and moving sides walk

Old 07-21-2006, 12:47 AM
HCF Member

You can bring all Skylines over exept for the R34's. R33's, R32's, Skyline GT-S's, Skyline GT-M's all are fair game. the R34's are off limits though as the only company that was able to bring them over got shut down by the government and the owner got charged with tax evasion and a few other things i can not remember.

Old 07-21-2006, 12:53 AM

my mistake R34s and R32s.

Motorex owner jailed, R32 and R34 legalization rescinded
Monday, March 13, 2006
Posted by: AZhitman
According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, the owner of Motorex, Nanahoshi Hiroaki, 33, was arrested Thursday and booked into the L.A. County Jail. He is being held on $1 Million bail.

Booking Details

Hiroaki's initial appearance is scheduled for Wednesday of this week.

Hiroaki and Motorex came to the recognition of Nissan enthusiasts in the US as they became the only Registered Importer legally authorized to legalize Skylines for US use. As Motorex was able to comply with stringent US crash-testing requirements, they petitioned the courts to protect their interest in the Skyline market by "locking out" other would-be importers from the list of necessary modifications.

Not only did this give Motorex a corner on the market for legal Skylines, it also allowed them to command a premium price for each legalized car. Motorex-prepped Skylines can fetch upwards of $50,000. While making loads of money, Motorex also made loads of enemies.

According to sources, the lease to the Motorex facility has been overdue for months, and is now locked out by the landlord.

The US Department of Transportation has offically rescinded importation eligibility for both the R32 and R34 Skylines, only 96-98 R33 Skylines are still eligible to be imported.

Old 07-21-2006, 01:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Marty

You can bring all Skylines over exept for the R34's. R33's, R32's, Skyline GT-S's, Skyline GT-M's all are fair game. the R34's are off limits though as the only company that was able to bring them over got shut down by the government and the owner got charged with tax evasion and a few other things i can not remember.

attempted extortion, attempted kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon (a taser). He is also facing civil suits from disgruntled GT-R owners (and would be owners) and possible jail time in other unrelated charges.

The Department of Transportation has rescinded the importation of all Skyline GT-Rs with the exception of the '96-98 R33 models.

If hollywood gets a hold of this I would love to see a real life movie made from it. "Motorex : The Rise and Fall of Godzilla" or some sh t. lol

Old 07-21-2006, 01:04 AM
HCF Member

That is GT-R's not Skylines. Not all Skylines are GTR's. The GTR badge is more so a suspension, drive terrain upgrade(LSD's center diff's, body cladding) than they are actual performance. You can get a non-gtr R33 with a RB26DETT in it.

Old 07-21-2006, 01:10 AM
HCF Member

Man that sucks, and they are such nice cars.
Why do they have to go through all that testing on each car? Cant they test one car, and then make the same changes to every other car? (dont know if it made sence)