The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

How to play The Stock Market game.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 08:08 AM
HCF Member
Default How to play The Stock Market game.

Sup everyone, so I got a buddy that told me about stocks but he himself dosnt know 2 much about it,and its something that I been wanting to get into since I was little (about 14,I'm not 22) but never devoted the time to learn it,well as everyone can see things are starting to lightin up, n get semi better so my buddy told me invest into the stock market now that everything is semi low,

I called etrader today and one of the reps sat down n explaind a couple of things, on how some ppl but for eample 1,000 share for $1 and an hour later sell those shars for $1.20 and they make a $200 profit

Well he told me that to make quick moves u gota know what ur doing,and the ppl that no how the game is playd make alooooot of money everyday,

So basically my question is, anyone know a good place to get startd? Or if u know urself could post up some info on how a noob could start learning n make wise inverstments in this game ??

Old 03-31-2009, 08:18 AM
HCF Member

Pick yourself up some books, you can lose a lot of money playing the day trading game.

I invest mostly in mining stocks, you can lose it all (I invest only what I'm willing to lose) or make a ton of money overnight. It's not for the faint of heart. Needless to say, with the current state of the economy ALL of my stocks have taken a massive hit.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:26 AM

Its a game. You can win big or lose all.

I still think money is earned through hard work.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:43 PM

What you do is you buy a stock that's virtually foolproof. My dad bought stocks in Sirius satellite radio right when it came out. He could tell that satellite radio was going to get bigger, and he was right.

Buying stocks in a very promising electronics company or a new promising electronic technology is probably your safest bet. Electronics are only going to get bigger and bigger in popularity and their applicable uses.

Do be careful though, as things can happen... For example, remember when Blu-ray and HD-DVD came out at around the same time and do about the same exact thing? Well the industry finally decided on using Blu-ray as the new standard and ditched HD-DVD. Obviously, HD-DVD has turned out to be a bad investment for anyone who bought stocks in it.

In my eyes, now would be the time to invest. We're probably at the bottom or close to the bottom of this recession, and stocks are going to go back up once things stabilize. Also, when you invest in a company you are helping the economy.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 03-31-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:08 PM
HCF Member

i was thinking about investing all the money i make this summer, I'm only 18, but I think it could pay off in 5 years when im getting out of college and the market by then will start to go back up

Old 03-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Banned

I think Stock Market is very interesting place for me because i spend my 4 years in it as dealer. I observed that why people loose here because they think this is the game, But actually this is the perfect place for invest your money. Which bank of world give you 100 % interest on your deposit? This is only one place that you can get 100 % return of your investment if you have passion, daring, and perfect vision for buying shares. Greatest person of Stock Market Mr Warren Buffet is the live example in the Stock Market. How much money he made from Stock Market? Because he have the vision and passion.

Thank You

Himanshu