The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

How VTEC Works

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 12:16 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: How VTEC Works

I agree.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:18 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: my_hidden_romance

im sorry but i didnt know if my car was dual over head cam.. or single cam.. im guessing dual?!.. since its vtec.... im not dumb.. i just never have learned engines.. im lucky i can do what i can.. my dad was supposed to help me learn things..and he never did.. then up and left... all i know is i enjoy the sound of my vtec kickin in..and pushing me to 115 on the interstate
just as long as you dont act like you know what you are talking about, you should keep out of the group of people we are criticizing. its the ones that BS with no real knowledge to back it up.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:19 AM
HCF Member

oh jeezus.. i just like read that.. now realizing that dohc.. and sohc... actually mean something!!! haha.. i feel stupid.. but its like a revalation.. mines an sohc.. ... woo whooo!!!! now just to get this 5 speed.. a supercharger.. hondata s300/ laptop. high pressure fuel injectors and fuel rail.. strengthen the engine block and throw in 200 shot of nos.. ill have a sweet ride...and a broken wallet

at least im not the guy that owns the custom shop.. thinks his lil si is soo kewll... all hes got dun to it is a cai... and i was like.. yeah whats that pushing you.. like 50 hp..and he was like.. and this is serrious now.. yes.. at least that.. i think i was pushing close to 300 last time i dynoed my car... i literally laughed my *** out of there telling the guy he was too much.. and as i was leaving his parking lot lit up my auto pos honda.. as he called it.. and sprayed his car in gravel.. then was still spinning in second

Old 02-04-2006, 12:20 AM
HCF Member

LOL I guess.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:21 AM
HCF Member

Your learning, which is good. I'm assuming that the VTEC in bikes and the VTEC is cars works the same way. Cause that guy is a bike salesman, which leads me to believe the guys that are in sales don't know anything about the cars/bikes they sell.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:23 AM
HCF Member

i will attest to that.. i asked the sales rep at the honda dealer about the si.. and he didnt know what the lsd was....

Old 02-04-2006, 12:26 AM
HCF Member

Did he try to lie about it?

Old 02-04-2006, 12:32 AM
HCF Member

you should have heard the Mitsu guys feeding us lines of BS when we were shopping for the Evo. it was pathetic. yet another reason Mitsu almost went under. the salesmen dont even know anything about the flagship model.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:50 AM
HCF Member

he said something about how u could drive it with out using the clutch to shift.. i was like really?! and he was like yeah that new technology... then i schooled him on it

Old 02-04-2006, 12:52 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: my_hidden_romance

he said something about how u could drive it with out using the clutch to shift.. i was like really?! and he was like yeah that new technology... then i schooled him on it
i would have taken him with me on a test drive, then grinded the hell out of the gears, and then told the sales manager what an idiot thesalesperson was.

Quick Reply: How VTEC Works