The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.
View Poll Results: A poll
Edmonton Oilers
56.25%
Carolina Hurricanes
43.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Hurricanes or Oilers ?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Hurricanes or Oilers ?!

ORIGINAL: BuffaloEX

Have to go Oilers! The fans will at least appreciate the Cup there.
Plus the 'canes don't really deserve the Cup. They wouldn't have made it thru the Sabres in the last round if they hadn't lost 5 starters. Now with Rollie going down things are being made easier for them again! Heart and Determination??? More like Luck and Opportunism....

Yes I'm a Sabres fan, season ticket holder actually and I'm still a little upset.... dammit! now I'm all pissed again!!!![:@]

baaaa ha ha, did you even watch the games?! Just like in racing, theres always an excuse as to why you lost, but the fact of the matter is the Sabres got out played, end of story.

To say the folks of Carolina won't appreciate the cup is pretty ignorant. Have you heard that ****ing building?!? Their fans rock that joint every game whether they're up by a goal, or down my 3. I stick by my Heart and Determination statement. It takes some hefty grit to turn a 3 goal deficit going into the third period, into a win. Boohoo, "It was a back up-back up goalie cause our starter got hurt." SUCK IT UP, it's hockey, this kinda stuff happens all the time. Maybe if Edmonton had the heart that Carolina has, they could rise above it.

Don't get me wrong man, I used to love the Oiler's back in the day, and still give them all kinds of props for what they've done in the past for hockey. But, the Oilers of today are not even close to the stature of the Oilers of the 80's.

Old 06-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Stinky Administrator

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

Go Bears!
hahaha go titans!!!!!!

Old 06-12-2006, 04:23 PM
HCF Member

i ma going for the 'canes!!!!!! being from NC i have to pull for the 'canes. even though i can't really keep up with hokey.
________
Oregon medical marijuana

Last edited by BrianT; 04-28-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:28 PM
HCF Member

game 2nite in 30mins!

Old 06-13-2006, 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

baaaa ha ha, did you even watch the games?! Just like in racing, theres always an excuse as to why you lost, but the fact of the matter is the Sabres got out played, end of story.

To say the folks of Carolina won't appreciate the cup is pretty ignorant. Have you heard that ****ing building?!? Their fans rock that joint every game whether they're up by a goal, or down my 3. I stick by my Heart and Determination statement. It takes some hefty grit to turn a 3 goal deficit going into the third period, into a win. Boohoo, "It was a back up-back up goalie cause our starter got hurt." SUCK IT UP, it's hockey, this kinda stuff happens all the time. Maybe if Edmonton had the heart that Carolina has, they could rise above it.

Don't get me wrong man, I used to love the Oiler's back in the day, and still give them all kinds of props for what they've done in the past for hockey. But, the Oilers of today are not even close to the stature of the Oilers of the 80's.
SWEET JESUS!!! PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION BROTHA!!!!!

Old 06-13-2006, 07:35 AM

Do you even know how to play hockey or are you learning through the newspaper articles in Raleigh that explain such complicated hockey terms as "deke" and "kick save"? So ya know, a team that out shoots a team doesnt necessarily outplay the other team. Taking a bunch of low percentage shots from the perimeter doesnt mean you outplayed someone.

(LOL, sorry bro, I've been soooo wanting to use those newspaper articles against a "Caniac" for such a long time now)(actually I take that back, I won't call you a Caniac, those to me are the bandwagon fans that need those articles.. you seem to at least know a little about hockey)

anyways back to the thread....
The Hurricanes BARELY beat a crippled Sabres team... think about that... of our 6 defensemen, 4 were hurt. Even after that the 'Canes barely beat them. Sports writers are already talking about how this year will go down as the year that injuries let the Canes win.

I know injuries happen but the Sabres took that to a ridiculous extent this post season. And thats just it, it was in the post season, so don't even start talking about Eric Cole who went down pre-trade deadline.

AAANNND... I'm from Buffalo... I HATE cheering for Canadian teams!!!!! You damn Carolina b*******s forced me into this situation! So your
point of a back-up of a back-up.... couldn't care less. I don't want the Oilers to win as much as I want the Canes to lose. (Cuz they don't deserve it)

I know Carolina is going to win. I knew that as soon as Rollie went down. But your questioning the heart of the Oilers is wayyyy off base.

O and please if I see that stupid noise meter one more time I think I'm going to puke. Give a bunch of rednecks beer and of course they're going to be loud. And Forty... If you seriously think that the 1,000 or so actual non-bandwagon fans in Carolina would appreciate the Cup more than well, ALL OF CANADA (except maybe Calgary, I'm sure they wanted Edmonton swept) then thats pretty ignorant of you. As soon as the next college basketball game starts Carolina will have forgotten all about hockey. Whereas in Edmonton they'll be lamenting the loss of Rollie and what could have been for a looooong time.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:37 AM

Yeeesh kinda long, sorry. I like to argue tho and this is my first opportunity to argue with a Canes fan so far. Not many of them exist up here in the Buff except for maybe Adams' family, and even his dad was half cheering for the Sabres!

Old 06-13-2006, 08:37 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I <3 this thread

Few things..

1 - Obvoiusly you couldnt tell by my message, but yes, I know a LOT about hockey. I grew up in a small town called Sault Ste. Marie, MI, where every-day life in general revolves around hockey. Challenging my knowledge of the sport will get you absolutely nowhere. I was basing my "out-played" judgement on a lot more factors that just shots on goal, again, I'm not a newb to the sport. You on the otherhand, at least in my opinion, sound like someone who started watching hockey a few years ago and got pretty into it. Which is cool and I can respect that, but I've been watching/playing hockey since as far back as I can remember, so.... I could be wrong on that assumption, and if I am, I appologize, it's just how you came off in your messages.

2 - I'm not a Cane's fan (or a Caniac, same diff), they are just the team that has impressed me enough to gain my support going into the finals. And no, I don't read Raleigh's news paper, I watch the games. I would REALLY like to hear you're justification for the statement "The Cane's don't deserve it."

3 - "Canes barely beat a crippled Buffalo team." Again, you can cry about how many injuries your guys had until you're blue in the face, but it doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me. Does my point of them getting outplayed not still stand, I think it does. Like I said before, **** HAPPENS, it's the play-offs. The greater teams of NHL history have risen above the same factors time and time again. The playoffs are what seperate the men from the boys, one way or another.

And as far as the current series is concerned, Markkanen is playing just as good, if not better that "Rollie," so that pretty much nulllifies that excuse.

4 - I never said that the fans of Carolina would appreciate it "more than a Canadian team". You're putting words in my mouth, and I don't appreciate that. Of course a Canadian team is going to appreciate it more, they're friggin' nuts up there. I should know, I spent 18 years of my life living, literally, 5 minutes from Canada. I even played hockey over there for christ's sakes. But for you to say that they won't appreciate it all, that right there was the ignorant statement.

Whew, I love healthy discussion

oh yeah, and who the hell is Adam?

Old 06-13-2006, 11:33 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

I <3 this thread

4 - I never said that the fans of Carolina would appreciate it "more than a Canadian team". You're putting words in my mouth, and I don't appreciate that. Of course a Canadian team is going to appreciate it more, they're friggin' nuts up there.
yes.. yes we are lol. Just my junior B games alone get crazy.. fights between both crowds and stuff it's wild.. were the players and we end up watching the crowd more than them watching the game haha. Carolina won last night and I'm sorry to say that they did outplay the Oilers. It didn't look like the Oilers wanted it quite as bad as Carolina. Markkanen did play a great game and had some outstanding saves, so props to him. Well the series is 3-1 but I'm not giving up on the Oilers just yet.

TiCkEr

Old 06-13-2006, 11:51 AM

First off you'll have to excuse me for the assumption that by outplayed you meant or were alluding to the fact that the Sabres were out shot. Most of the articles that I had read throughout the different Buffalo series always seem to point out that if they were out shot they must have been out played. But since you know better then you must have seen somethign different because in most of the games the teams (Sabres and Canes) traded momentum in almost every 1st period, then through the rest of the game kinda traded periods with either Buffalo controlling the 2nd and Carolina the 3rd or vice versa.
So even taking the outshot point out of the argument, I still don't see how you can say outplayed.

You're not a Canes fan, you're from Michigan and you're getting defensive of the Cans, well... congratulations. I say they don't deserve it because they're not really earning it. Other than New Jersey they haven't had to beat one healthy team. Montreal lost Koivu and never looked the same after he went down. Buffalo lost Tallinder, Mckee, Kalinin, Numminen and Connolly. And now Edmonton has lost Roloson. Basically amounts to a free ride to the Cup. (not really but you get the point) But seriously the Canes seem to be the ONLY team NOT facing any adversity!

With Markkanen playing as good as he is it is hard to say Rollie had much to do with the Oilers losses but you never know, he was playing the game of his life and could have won them at least game 4.

Who said Carolina fans wouldn't appreciate the Cup at all? (Putting words in my mouth now?) Will they get stoked if the Canes win? yeah. But that wasn't my point. In my original post I was saying that I'd rather see it in Edmonton because Edmonton fans will appreciate it so much more that yeah, relatively speaking Canes fans wouldn't even be a blip comparing the excitment between the two cities.

You can bash the injury point as much as you want but, if Buffalo was as healthy as Carolina theres no way Carolina is making it through. And with me being a Buffalo Sabres fan, thats all that matters. I know sh*t happens, I'M FROM BUFFALO!!!! Theres STILL "NO GOAL" and "WIDE RIGHT" bumper stickers seen around the city!

O and I think his first name is Kevin? but Kevin Adams plays for the Canes and is from Buffalo thats why I said Adams' family was probably the only Canes fans in Buffalo.