The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.
View Poll Results: A poll
Edmonton Oilers
56.25%
Carolina Hurricanes
43.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Hurricanes or Oilers ?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Hurricanes or Oilers ?!

ORIGINAL: BuffaloEX

Have to go Oilers! The fans will at least appreciate the Cup there.
^That's where you said the Cane's wouldnt appreciate the cup, I didnt put words in your mouth. There was no comparison involved, only the idea implied that Carolina wouldn't appreciate the cup.

ORIGINAL: BuffaloEX
O and I think his first name is Kevin? but Kevin Adams plays for the Canes and is from Buffalo thats why I said Adams' family was probably the only Canes fans in Buffalo.
Ooooh, ok, that makes sense now.

You can bash the injury point as much as you want but, if Buffalo was as healthy as Carolina theres no way Carolina is making it through.
If "if's and buts" were candy and nuts... You can play the "coulda, woulda, shoulda" game all day, but it doesnt change the fact that your team is probably out playing golf right now. I've said it at least three times now, past teams have overcome having their best players go down in the playoffs. I dont think this is any different.

I never meant that the Hurricane's absolutely dominated the Sabres in that series, in fact, I said it was once of the best series I've seen in a long time. It was great fun to watch, lots of hits, and overall fast paced games. I like that. The Cane's Powerplay, as well as their penalty kill is really what put them above and beyond the Sabres, not to mention Brind'Amour and his famous face-off skills.

"Free ride to the cup" ?!? Remind me again, how long have you been watching hockey? Theres no such thing as a free ride. The Cane's have fought tooth and nail to get where they are, and I can't believe you're trying to take that away from them. I could understand your point if the Cane's weren't playing hard, and just sorta coasting through each series babying the defensive zone, but that is FAR from the style of hockey they've shown this playoff year.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:43 PM

Yeah, BASICALLY a free ride to the cup. And you failed to see or just decided to ignore that I added (Not really but you get the idea).
They havent had to overcome nearly as much in the post season as most (all except Jersey) have had some sort of adversity outside of just playing the game. THATS why I think the other teams all deserved the cup more and it kinda sucks that Carolina will walk away with this thing.

And the appreciation remark was just an off-hand remark. If you want to stick to that go ahead. It was speaking relatively and thats all that matters, didn't realize I'd have to explain it otherwise I'd have been more specific.

How long have I watched hockey? LOL thats rich coming from the guy thats seemingly trying to say that the Canes have won on their own so far. When in reality (especially in the Sabres case) the Sabres only lost due to injury,the Canes didn't beat them. And you are right about one thing the Canes are playing hard. Much harder than they should have to against crippled teams, which is what leads me to believe they don't deserve the cup. Theyre struggling against weakened teams, they're not champions, they're lucky.

O and if you could, point me in the direction of a team that lost their top 4 defensemen and still went on to win the Cup. Since O so many teams do that type of thing on a regular basis.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:38 PM

OK,I dont know about how anybody else feels, but I think this thread is starting to turn into ****.
2 people cant agree on which hockey team is better and why...so they both have to get their panties in a knot and get all upset with each other.

Heres the deal....
Carolina is in...
So is Edmonton...
Buffalo is out...

Thats all there is to it...no matter how much you cry about buffalo having a "tough break" they're still out.
With that said,theres nothing nobody can do to bring them back to the playoffs..might as well get over it and try harder next year.

As for the injurys for everybody else but the canes...that sucks..but its professional sports and it happens.

So if you really despise the fact that carolina may take it this year,
My suggestion is to pray that somebody lights a fire under edmontons *** and they pull it off in the end..This IS the Stanley Cup playoffs...this is where heroes are made.

But lets drop the chick-like bickering he said-she said crap eh?
it is just a game...

Old 06-13-2006, 03:48 PM

Yeah I'm with ya AK.
I was just having some fun at Forty's expense. I just thought it was fun to get a non-Canes fan riled up about the Canes is all. I tend to do this alot at work to help pass the time. For instance I have a HUGE email war saved someplace with a co-worker about why Mike Grier is scum of the earth (and I love the guy, but I knew it'd get my co-worker all crazed).
Forty I hope you didn't get too pissed (if at all really) over anything I said.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:51 PM
HCF Member

go red wings?.....

i voted oilers...but hell...what do i know?

Old 06-15-2006, 07:47 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: AK47

But lets drop the chick-like bickering he said-she said crap eh?
it is just a game...
No one was getting butt-hurt, not I anyway. This is a forum on the internet, and last time I checked, those things were used for friendly debates, which I thought this was. Clearly I was wrong...

BuffaloEX, if you took any of this debate to heart, well then that's just sad. I thought this whole thing was just for grins, but obvoiusly people are taking it waaay too seriously, and not its not fun anymore.

I'm done.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:00 AM
HCF Member

Well, I'm a Ranger fan and since the Oilers have like 5 former Rangers and the fact I can't stand Carolina, I'm pulling for the Oilers. Once the Rangers went down, I was pulling for buffalo, but no excuses there Carolina was the better team. The game last night was great, and what a way Edmonton won it. They deserved it last night, I mean when you take 7 shots in OT and the other team gets none, I think the playing field is alittle one sided. I'm just glad hockey is back.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:16 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: D16Punk

Well, I'm a Ranger fan and since the Oilers have like 5 former Rangers and the fact I can't stand Carolina, I'm pulling for the Oilers. Once the Rangers went down, I was pulling for buffalo, but no excuses there Carolina was the better team. The game last night was great, and what a way Edmonton won it. They deserved it last night, I mean when you take 7 shots in OT and the other team gets none, I think the playing field is alittle one sided. I'm just glad hockey is back.

I hear ya.. it was a great goal and a great game. Both teams played well.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:22 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04
oh yeah, and who the hell is Adam?
[sm=hiya.gif]

Anyways, I should be a Buff fan because of where I go to school but I'm into the Sen's. I grew up watching their farm team in Binghamton so, whatever.

As for this cup, go Canes.

Old 06-19-2006, 07:27 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Big Game Tonight! Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, does it get any better? Tonight will be the night that shows exactly who wants it more. Theres going to be huge hits, big plays, and even bigger goals. I for one am pumped

It's refreshing to see the Oiler's playing like they actually want it. They've been so strong through the last couple games, it'll be interesting to see how the Cane's counter.

This day cannot go by fast enough