The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Hyundai's...Express your opinions...

Old 07-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Default Hyundai's...Express your opinions...

okay...so i wuz sittin here and i thought that it may be interesting to see wut you all think of hyundai's...this should be a good one...express your opinons and stories...

Old 07-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Default RE: Hyundai's...Express your opinions...

My brother had a '90-something Scoop, back when they first came out, never gave him any problems. When I was in that two-car accident in my wrx two years ago, I was given a new Elantra as a rental. Nice car, cd player sounded great, no complaints at all. I'd never buy one, mainly b/c they don't hold their value, when I worked at the dealership people were trading those in every week. Most of the time they were upside down. They have come a long way though!

Old 07-22-2006, 03:33 PM

i'd drive one.

Old 07-22-2006, 04:01 PM

I'd buy one, but never brand new, depreciation is bleh! Not bad cars though, and selling quite a bit lately too. Good warranty and relability has been pretty good lately.

Old 07-22-2006, 04:07 PM
HCF Member

tibbys and accents can both be very fast if you know what you are doing. if you go with a tibby get the I4...the V6 has a notoriously weak bottom end.

Old 07-22-2006, 05:28 PM
HCF Member

I hate them... rubish they are, i find that Hyundai can't seem to make an original looking car, all their cars resemble other vehicles of some sort,

Old 07-22-2006, 06:54 PM
HCF Member

I would not get 1 at all. just because as soon as your doing paying on them them goto ****. I had a soldier get 1 with a f'd engine took back to the dealership and told them to **** off. A used car by the way. It sucked a$$. So I will never ever get 1. If I do Im going to kill myself.

Old 07-23-2006, 09:02 AM

keep them comin...and my opinion is that they are a piece of crap and they shouldnt be street legal...junk junk junk junk junk...did i mention they r JUNK!

Old 07-23-2006, 09:25 AM
HCF Member

You may think they are junk but my sister has a 95 Accent with 189,000 miles on it and this car has been treated like complete crap and it still runs great. When I say treated like crap I am not playing, I mean 6-8000 between oil changes, stock timing belt, ran out of coolant a counple times, dogged on among other things. I honestly think they ran it so long w/o a oil change one time that there was not a drop left in it. So being what I have seen I have a very high opinion of them atleast for daily driver cars. They may not be king **** performance cars or have much of a aftermarket but some cars simply are not made for that.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:54 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Marty
They may not be king **** performance cars or have much of a aftermarket but some cars simply are not made for that.
Exactly. Hyundai has shown pretty good reliability as far as dailys are concerned over the last few years. The Sonata is also said to be one of the safest cars on the road.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hyundai's...Express your opinions...