The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I need some major advice.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 11:17 AM
HCF Member
Default I need some major advice.

Okay so if you guys and girls remember about a month ago i was venting as to how much the past month or so have sucked for me. Mainly becasue of the fact that my girlfriend got kicked out of her houseand had to go live with her dad, mainly so her mom and step-dad could keep her away from me. Well her real dad tottaly loves me which is great. However the temporary custody her mom granted her dad runs out in about a month, which in turn means she will be coming back to her moms. Which okay you would think that thats sweet becasue now I get to see her everyday at school...WRONG her mom and step-dad are going so far to pick up and move and the main reason.... thats right to keep Dana (thats me yes i know its a girls name make fun of me for it later) away from Ashley( my girlfriend) and so were trying to find a way to make it so she is not under anyones custody or jurisdiction. Now the 3 options we have are:

1. She can get an emancipation, okay we have researched this one and she has to have her own place to live and a job and several thousand in the bank. Okay now for the problem If her mom calls and complains saying shes living with me or basically if her mom complains at all the emancipation gets revoked.

2. Her dad could get full custody of her and sign it over to my parents. Once again then her paretns find out and can petition the court for custody since shes living with me.

3. Me and her can get married and we both become completly emancipated and inless if we do it right noone can make us get an anuulment. Now my mom is tottaly supportive of this and my dad well he doesnt support it but hes not against it, now for her dad hes just not to sure of course hes thinking shes to young and all this, which i will say yeah we are quite young to be doing this. Afterall I am only 17 and she is 16 which brings up another thing... Her mom and step-dad have already tried getting me in trouble by saying that me and her ran-away together. Basically they told us we could go hang out and about an hour later they reported her as a runaway and saying that i aided her. Needless to say that damn near got me thrown in juvenile hall. So if there willing to do that to get me out of the picture me and her are positive that once I am 18 her mom and step-dad they will be reporting me for statutory rape. And If you want to know the truth me and her have never evan done anything sexual. well if we were to get married it would pretty much making me untouchable if her parents tried to get me in trouble for it.

So those are our three options Its obvious were leaning towards going to California to get married. The other thing is eloping has been done time and time over in my fmaily and they have all came out okay. Basically after words me and her would be living with my parents intil were done with college. My Mom told me that she would allow me and ashley to have the second living room in our house and that we would like re-model it and turn it into a bedroom for us. and then once me and her are both out of college we would go on and start the game of life. Okay so I guess Im just asking for thoughts or opinions on this whole situation. I need some major moral support... so please give me thoughts or opinions

Old 01-29-2006, 11:23 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: I need some major advice.

After the age of 12 you can choose what parent you want to live with so I say she goes and lives with her dad. I say noway should you get married or her get emancipated. It is hard to strike out on your own when your 18 with a high school deploma and a full time job let alone when you are younger.

Old 01-29-2006, 11:30 AM

To be completely honest, it is hard as hell to get emancipated. I dont know anyone who was able to. And yes, coming from parents who were divorced, all your gf would have to do is set up an appointment with a mediator at the courthouse, and explain that she wants to live with her dad, However, I wouldnt recommend using the excuse, I want to see my bf. Also, since you guys are both under legal age, you cant get married. I dont know how it is where you live, but I live in cali, and you have to be 18. And coming to cali to get married and start a life might not even be the best idea cause EVERYTHING costs so much out here. Im not trying to tell you wat to do, but I would suggest just asking your girlfriend to stay at her dads house. Other than that, theres not much more she can do, since shes a minor. Good luck! Im sure this is going to be a tough time for you.

Old 01-29-2006, 11:38 AM

I wish I could offer more advice but I can't, I can tell you really like her and all, but I wouldn't get married or move in together at such a young age.

Her mom sounds like a total bitch

Old 01-29-2006, 11:39 AM
HCF Member

but see here in oregon the minor does not have a single say so here in oregon as to if he/she wants to live with there mom or dad. And we wouldnt be moving to california to live there, we would be basically taking a week to go down there and get married and come back. Any state has to acknowledge a marriage lisence thats from another state. And i have been doing research and as long as you have a natural parent or legal gaurdian say its okay you can marry in california. My mom is okay with it and i have a feeling her dad will be to. And yeah we know we cant get the emancipation thats why the marriage is looking like a better option especially considering that then as far as the statutory rape law goes il be untouchable if her mom and step dad want to spill trouble for me. Thats the other thing is my dad works at the state penitetiary and he sees under males under 21 all the time becasue they had a 17 year old girlfriend the parents didnt like it and so they did something about it and most of them never really did do sexual activities becase they feared getting in trouble yet it still happened because the parents said that they did but they never really did.

Old 01-29-2006, 11:45 AM
HCF Member

The getting married thing you say is BS, you dont only have to have 1 parent but you have to have your legal guardian be there and sign papers, unless her dad has full custody legally he can not sign and if he does and the mom finds out he can get in trouble and the marriage will not be recongnized by law.

Old 01-29-2006, 11:51 AM
HCF Member

Well we have talked to the Los Angles County Clerk this past friday and they said that its possible and you just have to a natural parents sign it saying its okay. And well i talked to my cousins that did it about 5 years ago and and there was recognized by the state.

Old 01-29-2006, 11:55 AM

but, take a step back and think for a minute, are you marrying her cause you want too, or because of the situation?

Old 01-29-2006, 11:56 AM
HCF Member

Becasue we both love each other very much

Old 01-29-2006, 11:58 AM

well, if that's the truth, and you can get your live's together(not saying it's not) and get a well paying job right out of high school/college, I don't see any problem, other than legal **** getting in the way, and how come her mom hates you so much? sorry if I missed it

Quick Reply: I need some major advice.