The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Microsoft zune mp3 player

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:53 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Microsoft zune mp3 player

after hands on with both, i got an ipod. Zune is quite a bit bigger, harder to fit in pockets and stuff, itunes is great, and my last ipod lasted two years with no problems.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:11 PM

Woah, woah, I hate microsoft as much as the next guy, I just hate apple more... they got lucky with the Ipod ... period, ... man I hate apple.

And, ya microsoft will probably come out with a new Zune every year, but there starting off behind, and already have more features than Ipod, so they wont hold back new features just to get you to buy a new one, (one year ipod will add maybe an landscape screen.. then maybe a year later an FM tuner... maybe the year after that they'll make it not freeze all the time.. i dont know) even though they obviously could do it all this year.

About the media librarys, WMP is just simpler, and WMA's are better than MP3's anyway (though it can make mp3 files), I know no one that perfers iTunes over WMP that have extensivly used both (though i'm sure some of yall do, lol) My girlfriend has been using itunes for like a year.. and i gave her a WMA CD to burn onto her comp, and she had to use WMP, now all she uses is it except to put stuff on her iPod.

I would say that WMP dosent try to bitch at you to buy songs, but, WMP 11 added some downloading crap... and its not as good... (if your going to try out WMP, do 10... at least untill 11 complete is released rather than beta..)

Lol, anywho.. I still perfer my WMA/MP3 Cd's over anything else (20 cents for 700mb .. i still like it... maybe one of these days i'll even graduate up into Audio DVD's)

Old 01-29-2007, 03:19 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: drbyers

you wanna know how bad the zune is?

ford motor company is actually going to make their new cars automatically link with zunes. and ford lost $12.6 BILLION last year, while almost every other car manufacturer has chosen to use the iPod link system.

ford + zune = down the crapper....
Lol. That system (SYNC) can also connect with iPod, does it mean iPod is crap now?

To me, it seems like MS is using the same strategy as they did with the Xbox. 1st gen will have some brand new, exclusive features but not so good, it will rather be a tester and try to have a decent customer base. The 2nd gen will be a serious competitor to the iPod with improved features from 1st gen. Then 3rd gen will lead the market (for that gen, not the total).

As far as jukeboxes go, the iTunes is more intuitive for audio while WMP handles video and picture much much better, it also has WM Connect built in (for streaming). It's interesting to see how the next zune would be.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:40 PM
kg3

I have a brown zune, and i like it alot. I basicly hate all the stupid kids that have the ipod at school and wanted to be different.
It really isnt that much bigger and its alot more resitant to scratches instead where you have the ipod that looks great for a day or so...
Anyway have had mine since launch and am loving it.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:24 PM
HCF Member

love it or hate it, the ipod is a great product.

they have successfully established a market that will continue to pay the $$$ for their overpriced products.

i doubt anybody will be able to compete with Apple in this area until they can come out with a better product than the ipod, which i think will be a great challenge that, hopefully, someone is willing to overcome.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:44 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: CheatyMcShiftyEye

Woah, woah, I hate microsoft as much as the next guy, I just hate apple more... they got lucky with the Ipod ... period, ... man I hate apple.
that comment alone makes your whole statment worthless. i dont see how you could even joke about apple being lucky with the ipod.

apple is a terrible company period.. you can only use apple products with apple products, or apple lisenced products with them.
um..no? if you want to favor windows over osx... thats your opinion, a silly one, but still your opinion. but dont be ignorent and say that apple products suck.

oh and about the ipod vs zune. the ipod very much the better product. i know many people who picked up the zune and hated it. its too large, you have more options with the ipod. but play with both for yourself and youll figure it out.

and the iphone is amazing by the way(not just cuz apple made it) . yes its expensive but so are ferraris. live with it.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

Just buy a PSP. its got a bigger screen then both of them.

But in honesty. If i didnt already have a psp I would pick a Zune. I got a nano ipod when i opened a new checking account at my bank. I gave it to my sister a day later because I hated it. 75% of my music was wma which wasnt supported by ipod. Garbage.

Although I will say that apples tech support is far superior than microsofts. I never thought i would buy an xbox but i did. I was having problems with xbox live and I called their support. Im pretty sure they connected me to some place in India. I couldnt understand anyone and they couldnt understand me. Real good business stradegy because it got me to give up and hang the phone up.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:28 PM

Well if you have a large cd collection, I would suggest getting the ipod 80 gig video, so you can take you whole CD collection.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:06 PM

I have an ipod.. works well in the car.. i got a cd player with an "aux in" and just plug n play pretty easy.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:19 PM

my friend has a zune as well as myself and the only problem that has happened was his had some battery issues either than that i love it way more than my ipods....that thing broke over 5 times then apple was like no we're not replacing this one so i turned the other cheek