The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

never thought the day would come...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:59 PM
HCF Member
Default never thought the day would come...

that i would want to sell my car!! i just spent $1600 on gauges and brand new lca'sand i think i want to sell it. im about to be 18 years old so really its up to my parents because im off to college in less than a year. if they SOMEHOW agree on it, i believe that i want to get a new mitsubishi evo X...what are your opinions? REASONS why--im tired of worrying so much about driving it because it tears up, it has 120k miles on it and i dont want to mod that engine, if i do start modding, id go all out with a k20a and build and boost that and that would probably take me forever, and the evo has more room and is alotfaster and still has great potential.plus awd-i absoultely hate to drive mycar in the rain i feel so unsafe. actually, i feel unsafe anyways because its so small. i dunno though, its my first car and i have put about $8-9k in it....system, suspension, carbon fiber stuff, rims, gauges and all that....

Old 11-01-2007, 08:04 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: never thought the day would come...

It's really up to you. I think I might end up selling my car too, because I want a 08. But it's not about me it's about you. Do what you feel is right. But if you can afford this new car while going to college, I say go for it!

Old 11-01-2007, 08:36 PM
HCF Member

i dunno that sounds tuff your car is one of the best ive seen on the forum i love it lol but its all up to you man

Old 11-01-2007, 08:54 PM
HCF Member

If you think your car is in danger of not being reliable because it has 120k on it you need to research a bit more

Old 11-01-2007, 09:07 PM
HCF Member

ya honda engines last forever especiallywhen you do a regular tune up .....it might blow at 190k from abuse but thats still along ways for there my baby D is at 125k and its a champ

Old 11-01-2007, 09:08 PM
HCF Member

Well, to put it into perspective, I just bought a 99 Civic about a month and a half ago, which now has 105k miles on it. My mechanic told me that if I keep doing what the previous owner and myself do, he would still consider it middle-aged. It sounds like you have kept your car really nice, and care for it a lot. I woudn't worry about it breaking down as long as you don't do anything crazy to it.

EDIT: Haha, yeah Alan, I got a D16Y7 in mine and it feels bulletproof even with so many miles.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:13 PM
HCF Member

it actually a y8 but ya same diffence almost lol ya i step on my car alot and kind of abuse it but its like it never got abused at all so dont worrie about it breaking down

Old 11-01-2007, 10:21 PM
HCF Member

I would love to trade up to an evo. They give me chubbies. Just don't let it turn you into a jackass like every other evo driver.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:31 PM
HCF Member

its a sad thing to think about, i know like the biggest thing holding me to my Civic is like the memories of it haha but idk, if you could jump from a Civic to an Evo, that'd be sick, they are powerful and all, so its up to yu.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:10 AM
Administrator

evo 8 pwnz!

Quick Reply: never thought the day would come...