The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

never thought the day would come...

Old 11-01-2007, 06:59 PM
HCF Member
Default never thought the day would come...

that i would want to sell my car!! i just spent $1600 on gauges and brand new lca'sand i think i want to sell it. im about to be 18 years old so really its up to my parents because im off to college in less than a year. if they SOMEHOW agree on it, i believe that i want to get a new mitsubishi evo X...what are your opinions? REASONS why--im tired of worrying so much about driving it because it tears up, it has 120k miles on it and i dont want to mod that engine, if i do start modding, id go all out with a k20a and build and boost that and that would probably take me forever, and the evo has more room and is alotfaster and still has great potential.plus awd-i absoultely hate to drive mycar in the rain i feel so unsafe. actually, i feel unsafe anyways because its so small. i dunno though, its my first car and i have put about $8-9k in it....system, suspension, carbon fiber stuff, rims, gauges and all that....

Old 11-01-2007, 08:04 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: never thought the day would come...

It's really up to you. I think I might end up selling my car too, because I want a 08. But it's not about me it's about you. Do what you feel is right. But if you can afford this new car while going to college, I say go for it!

Old 11-01-2007, 08:36 PM
HCF Member

i dunno that sounds tuff your car is one of the best ive seen on the forum i love it lol but its all up to you man

Old 11-01-2007, 08:54 PM
HCF Member

If you think your car is in danger of not being reliable because it has 120k on it you need to research a bit more

Old 11-01-2007, 09:07 PM
HCF Member

ya honda engines last forever especiallywhen you do a regular tune up .....it might blow at 190k from abuse but thats still along ways for there my baby D is at 125k and its a champ

Old 11-01-2007, 09:08 PM
HCF Member

Well, to put it into perspective, I just bought a 99 Civic about a month and a half ago, which now has 105k miles on it. My mechanic told me that if I keep doing what the previous owner and myself do, he would still consider it middle-aged. It sounds like you have kept your car really nice, and care for it a lot. I woudn't worry about it breaking down as long as you don't do anything crazy to it.

EDIT: Haha, yeah Alan, I got a D16Y7 in mine and it feels bulletproof even with so many miles.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:13 PM
HCF Member

it actually a y8 but ya same diffence almost lol ya i step on my car alot and kind of abuse it but its like it never got abused at all so dont worrie about it breaking down

Old 11-01-2007, 10:21 PM
HCF Member

I would love to trade up to an evo. They give me chubbies. Just don't let it turn you into a jackass like every other evo driver.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:31 PM
HCF Member

its a sad thing to think about, i know like the biggest thing holding me to my Civic is like the memories of it haha but idk, if you could jump from a Civic to an Evo, that'd be sick, they are powerful and all, so its up to yu.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:10 AM
Administrator

evo 8 pwnz!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: never thought the day would come...