The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

NEW LAW IN Ontario 50kms/31MPH over the speed limit..YOUR CAR IS GONE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Default NEW LAW IN Ontario 50kms/31MPH over the speed limit..YOUR CAR IS GONE!

Just wondering if anyone out there has heard of this new law in Ontario?
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/...cb&k=27828

doesn’t get me wrong here, speeding and dangerous driving should be stopped as it is causing unnecessary deaths. But there are more important things out there, and plus most crashes are caused by someone not paying attention or just a bad driver. Maybe offer better driver training and put better drivers on the road?

2,000-10,000$ fine and no car for a week!
They are calling you a street racer if you’re going over 50km/h or 31/mph!! Even if you’re by yourself!

Basically the media is pointing fingering and saying things about how KIDS as they call us in the range of 16-20 should be stopped of speeding. Most of the so called street racers were adults on their way to work, just trying to get there in time. Now you have a struggling middle working class family that owes a good 2-10000 fine and has no car for a week to work and pay bills!

This law is a bit overboard and cops should be spending more time to get drunk drivers off the road and well let’s see all of the other stuff like
Murderers
Drug dealers
Pedophiles
And so on

The autobahn in Germany, the no speed limit highway, doesnt it have the lowest crash rate in the world!!!!???
there must be something that can be done!
What does everyone here think about it?
Please do not critisize me or anyone in this forum, I will say it again speeding is wrong in traffic but this law is to far! The cops have to much control in this country... I swear this government is on the verge of communism, anyone heard of the North American Union??? Look it up on Google both canadians and Americans.. And mexicans search it!! I bet you never even heard of it.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: NEW LAW IN Ontario 50kms/31MPH over the speed limit..YOUR CAR IS GONE!

ORIGINAL: SirTealingstonThe2ND

This law is a bit overboard and cops should be spending more time to get drunk drivers off the road and well let’s see all of the other stuff like
Murderers
Drug dealers
Pedophiles
And so on

The autobahn in Germany, the no speed limit highway, doesnt it have the lowest crash rate in the world!!!!???
ok on the cops should be spending more time getting drunk drivers off the roads and all the other stuff i agree but a 2.500+ plus pound car in the wrong hands is a deadly weapon too.and yes the autobahn is one of the safest roads but when they have a wreak is usely catastrophic and in germany you have to take a 1 year class to get your drivers license. my aunt lived in germany for 6 years and she had to take the class and she said if they catch you without a seatbelt you lose your license for a year. the laws are getting crazy i agree but guess what drivers are too

Old 10-16-2007, 08:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: NEW LAW IN Ontario 50kms/31MPH over the speed limit..YOUR CAR IS GONE!

Good thing I live in the U.S. and dont drive like a ****ing retarded asshat. You are a stupid mother****er to be doing 31mph over anywhere and if you get caught going that fast over the speed limit(provided you dont crash and kill a bunch of people first) you should man up and accept the punishment because you know what it is before you go that fast.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:34 AM
Ben

ORIGINAL: Marty

Good thing I live in the U.S. and dont drive like a ****ing retarded asshat. You are a stupid mother****er to be doing 31mph over anywhere and if you get caught going that fast over the speed limit(provided you dont crash and kill a bunch of people first) you should man up and accept the punishment because you know what it is before you go that fast.
Gusfrabah.....Gusfrabah....

Old 10-17-2007, 06:37 AM
HCF Member

Im totaly for keeping speeding down and all but if they really want to make the roads safer they need to make it harder to get and keep your license.

I ike the way it is in germany where you have to take classes for a year and actually drive the car before they give you a license. I would have no problem doing such things as i am confident that i can pass the test.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:10 AM
HCF Member

Wasn't this news from like a month ago?

Old 10-17-2007, 09:09 AM
HCF Member

Ya about that, a couple weeks anyways, when you driving down the highway you see signs all the time telling you about the 50 over thing. They have got alot of people too.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:39 AM
HCF Member

The reason they have the lowest crash rate is because their laws are so strict with regards to driving...you just proved the opposite poitn of your argument...

P.S....In germany, people know the left lane is for PASSING ONLY...

Old 10-17-2007, 09:44 AM
HCF Member

Also the autobahn has speed limits. It is determained by the weather, traffic, so on and so forth.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:56 AM
HCF Member

And it couldn't be farther from the truth, not ALL of Germany's Autobahn's have no speed limits, i think only about 60% are limit free right now.

Quick Reply: NEW LAW IN Ontario 50kms/31MPH over the speed limit..YOUR CAR IS GONE!