The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Ok Vote Here Now

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:45 PM
HCF Member
Default Ok Vote Here Now

Forum is in the pooper, please vote.

And go ahead and lock the **** to who ever does it cause your about to loose what loyal members base you do have.

Leave the Admin's and Mods and let forum die.

Fire them all and apoint people who actually care

Screw it I dont really care.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Snail'n Admin

I think certain staff members care...some too much. But i do think we need a MAJOR staff change. It is not just the staffs fault though.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Cat Fuсker

I say we need people who are still actively involved with the subject matter of the forum. It's really hurting us, the community, when looking over a forum is an annoyance to a mod or an admin rather than a duty that he/she enjoys doing. Also we really shouldn't keep those who are no longer with us on a regular basis as mods/admins. Replace them with new and active members and we will be set. It's my diplomatic way of saying that we're in a dump and we need change to get back on our feet. DO I sound like Obama yet?

Old 11-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Angry Admin

Fire them all and apoint people who actually care

not all because some truly do care but like trent said some care too much and now the stink bug is on my screen

Old 11-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Super Cereal Admin

We do need to do something. Whether it's enforce our rules better, make new rules and enforce them, change staff, whatever. But something needs to be done to keep what loyal membership we have. I've personally seen way too many people stop posting for my taste. I remember what this forum was like even just 6 months ago; it's on a decline.

We've gotta do something now if we want to stop it.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:51 PM

Demote the ones who aren't active and replace them with people who will mod those sections. There are members who do care and who want to help. Let them. To the admins who don't want to do the job anymore because it is a pain, step down. Let someone else do it.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:54 PM
HCF Member

i agree, i don't wanna leave! I enjoy this place, i know theres some of us who really care though.....

Old 11-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Here's an idea: appoint more staff, people who actually care about the forum (no offense to the current staff, I'm just saying don't appoint just anyone, but people who honestly make an attempt to better the forum). Maybe have section mods? It would definitely help with enforcing the rules, keeping flaming/trolling down, spam being taken care of faster, etc.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:08 PM
June 2010 ROTM

I feel that the forum is in a "recession." There were big issues a while back with power trips, but I feel that those have since been corrected. Also, before HCF was in transition to the new site format there were tons of connectivity and general functionality issues. It took quite a while before the site was running smoothly and some members may have given up because of the difficulties. (Especially when the owners of the site took over and for some reason we had to post pictures of what we wanted to post.) Again, those have since been corrected by updating the site's format.
Those things contributed the decline of new member retention and loyal member drop out.

I feel that if we keep what we are doing now, new members will stick around and loyal members may come back after time. This site is returning to the old HCF that I joined. As long as we stay away from the H-T bashing and support/respect each other our numbers will return.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:30 PM
HCF Member

About 90% of my day when I'm at work I'm constantly looking up HCF and I don't want to see this place die. Hell I spend way to much time on here as it is.. what else would I do? Actually drive my car and work on it?...
But I agree 100% something needs to be done. I'm getting tired of people posting in the wrong sections for random crap.. UGH someone just posted more **** in the Suspension Review thread. BASTARDS!?!

Question: Other then me who else actually has experience at running a forum?

Last edited by xsteinbachx; 11-06-2008 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Ok Vote Here Now