The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

One of the Hardest Weeks ever for me...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:00 PM
HCF Member
Default One of the Hardest Weeks ever for me...

ya well over the last week i have lost three people that i have known. its really hard and im still tryin to get over it

last week one of my friends josh died in his sleep. he had had knee surgery and when he went to sleep a couple of days later and got a blood clot that went straight to his brain

then the next day, another person i knew died from alcohol poison in his sleep after a night of drinking too much

last, the hardest one for me. I found out that my ex- girlfriend had been murdered. she was giving a man a ride and he killed her. her name was melanie goodwin, google it if you wanna know the whole story cuz it it was all over the news here. i dated hera couple of years ago andstill talked toher as a friend until she died. the worst part is that she was killed about 2 weeks ago and i just found outyesterday so i missed the funeral and all the ceremonies. it sucks cuz i had heard the story when it happened, but i didnt know it was actuallyher till yesterday

so definetely a crappy week, but life goes on and things will be somewhat normal before long

Old 10-07-2007, 10:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: One of the Hardest Weeks ever for me...

damn, that is rough. losing friends is hard, and much different than family. so far i've had both grandpas die, great grandpa and grandma on one side as well, and a few friends. the thing about the friends is that you see them so much more often than relatives that aren't living anywhere near you. it takes a bit to adjust to them not being where you normally see them.

that sucks you missed the cermony and all...you can still visit the burial site though. in my opinion, that might even be better...seeing the person laying there in their open casket is a hard thing to do. i guess if i had a choice i would anyway..but it is a painful experience.

i've never had to deal with that much in one week though. i hope you can pull through ok, and i wish you well. definitely a ****ty point in life, but life will continue.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:45 AM
HCF Member

Damn, I know what you are going through. I had an EX get killed, and another friend get murdered. There really isn't that will make it better right now. But it will in time. I promise. Justs try to keep yourself together and be there for your friends and let them be there for you.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:28 AM
HCF Member

Damn man sorry to hear that, looks like a lot of us have been having a bad week in general[]

Old 10-08-2007, 11:00 AM

i feel for you man. thats one of the worst things to go through is one of your friends dying but we all get over it.two of my reall close friends took one of their parents car and flipped it out in the desert, the passenger broke his back and watched the driver die right in front on him. one of the worst feelings ill ever have

Old 10-08-2007, 11:32 AM
HCF Member

ya thanks guys i know i'll be fine. it really only bothers me when im alone andi start thinking about it. when im with my friends i dont think about it so its not so hard. but last night the two guys that died were both in fraternities at my school (UTA) and i am also in one, Sigma Chi, so every greek organization got together on greek row and had a big candle light circle. cuz a lot of the people there were friends with these guys and it was really moving. but its good to hear that you guys care when i've never even met you guys.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:48 PM
HCF Member

im sry man u have my condolences, i can imagine how u feel i lost one of my close friends last month to suicide, its rough ur hcf family is here for u

Old 10-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Stinky Administrator

your not alone bro, like tim said a few of us are having a bad week my cousin in pensacola passed away fri. i'm sorry to hear about your losses