The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Pros and cons of full nose/full bra

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Default Pros and cons of full nose/full bra

I am thinking about investing in a full nose/full bra for my new 2006 Honda Civic sedan. I travel a 20 mile stretch of country road in Florida which is invested with love bugs during the summer months. Everyone knows how damaging love bugs are to automotive paint. What are the pros and cons of full nose/full bra in ragards to paint protection and vehicle cleanup.

Old 02-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Pros and cons of full nose/full bra

Pros - It will keep the bugs out
Cons - It can trap sand/dirt particles inside and act as a big *** sheet of sand paper

...the way I see it, damned if you do, damned if you dont. You got a hose at your house? You could always spend 10 minutes spraying the bugs off when you get home..

Old 02-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Administrator

i have a full nose, hood bra for my car, and if you follow the guidelines, it wont hurt things..

1. when you put it on the car, make sure the that car is clean.
2. never let it dry on the car
3. if you have it on, and it rains, get it off quickly, and vacuum the back of it off good.
4. if you make a long trip, clean it out when you get where you are going...

i wish that i would have used mine sooner, as i have alot of stone chips on the fascia and hood, many of which woudl have been avoided had i have gotten the bra sooner. i only use it for long trips, as i dont do much highway driving day to day, and at regular residential speeds, not much is thrown up, but moreso at highway speeds.

Old 02-20-2006, 02:31 PM
HCF Member

You could look into a clear bra, I don't don't know if anyone makes them for the Civic but they stick right on like contact paper. All protection and no "sand paper effect" like Forty mentioned.

Old 02-20-2006, 02:38 PM
HCF Member

this might be the same thing as amg is talking about, but theres a film that sticks right to the front of your car just like a bra would and keeps it protected but you cant even see it, you will notice the line a little depending on how you look at it..but alot of newer more expensive cars have it, and you can get it installed...i no a place up here were i live just started doing it to any cars

Old 02-20-2006, 02:50 PM

could u wax ur hood very well and then put the bra on so that the wax might prevent the sand paper thing 40 was talkin about? and then just do a quick rinse of the car maybe every few days?

Old 02-20-2006, 02:55 PM
HCF Member

I never liked the way a bra looks, so for me a con is that it looks terrible.

Old 02-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Administrator

thats another thing...i keep the area under the hood well waxed..and lets say i drive to pittsburgh or something, and dont have a chance to wash the car/vacuum the bra, i will at least take it off, and shake it out well, and hit the areas which it touches with some meguiars spray and shine, which has some waxing quality to it.

Old 02-20-2006, 04:29 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

...the way I see it, damned if you do, damned if you dont. You got a hose at your house?
holy **** i coulda sworn that said 'you got a house at your house?'

hahahahahahahahaha

Old 02-20-2006, 06:21 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

ORIGINAL: Forty04

...the way I see it, damned if you do, damned if you dont. You got a hose at your house?
holy **** i coulda sworn that said 'you got a house at your house?'

hahahahahahahahaha
retard... hahaa

Quick Reply: Pros and cons of full nose/full bra